Chapter 110

The castle is unnaturally silent while I walk through it. Every corridor is empty and I don't see anyone fighting anymore. The Death Eater have retreated like Voldemort ordered them to. When I enter the Great Hall, my heart skips a beat. All of the House tables have been removed and it is quite crowded.

Upon the raised platform where the Head table once stood, are now laying, sitting, or standing the injured. I see Madame Pomfrey and other students walk around, healing the most badly injured and helping others. Around the hall are standing the survivors and in the middle lay the dead.

The bodies of the Death Eaters are still scattered in the castle and I can't help but wonder if my uncle is alright. I Haven't seen him during the fight and McGonagall said he had fled when Harry returned to Hogwarts.

I spot Fleur among the living. Her silver-blond hair stands out in the crowd, even though she is kneeled down in between two bodies. I hurry towards her and see Flora's body lay beside Fleur. Fleur's cheeks are covered in tears and when she looks up, I can see her bloodshot eyes.

"Elena!" Fleur lets out a cry when I kneel down beside her. I pull the girl close and let out a sob.

Both of us cry in each other's arms for a while before Fleur lets go of me and points at the body that lays on our other side. In my hurry, I never saw who is lying next to Flora and my eyes follow Fleur's look.

Besides Flora lay Remus and Tonks. Pale, still, and peaceful-looking. Even more tears fill my eyes when I see the couple. Their son, Teddy, he-

With blurred vision, I grab Tonks" cold hand and shake my head. She can't be dead, she just gave birth, she and Lupin just married and- I shake my head and feel Fleur wrap her arms around me again. I have no idea how long we sit there in the middle of the Great Hall beside the bodies of our best friends but when we let go of each other, I see Fred standing on the other side of the hall, talking to George and Bill.

I hear someone call out my name and I turn around to see Molly run towards me with Ginny on her trail. I stand up with trembling legs and get pulled into a hug immediately by the older witch. While I hug Molly, I hear Ginny gasp and when we part again, I see Ginny look at me with wide eyes.

The younger girl turns her head to look at Fred before back at me. Molly frowns when she sees her daughter look so surprised and eyes me up and down.

Ginny pushes her mother aside and grabs my left hand.

That's when Molly notices the small ring as well. She lets out a sound that is a mix of a scream of happiness and a sob and pulls me into another hug. When she lets go of me, I see tears in her eyes and without a word, she rushes to Fred. Ginny smiles brightly and hugs me as well. "I am so happy for you!"

Together, Ginny and I look at Molly who hugs her son. George and Bill, who are standing beside their brother, look very surprised at their mother. With a smirk on his face, Fred seems to explain to the two men what is going on and as soon as Fred is finished, I see George's head snap up and a bright smile forms on his face.

He turns to his brother and slaps him on the back on his head. I shake my head while Fred looks mad at his twin, but George ignores his brother begins to walk to me.

When George stands opposite me, he smiles and pulls me into a hug. While we hug, I hear him mutter: "As I said before: I can't imagine having a better sister-in-law."

"Thank you," I mutter back. Behind George stands Bill who hugs me as well. Percy and Arthur join us and both of them look a bit surprised at all of us. Quickly, Molly explains what happened: "Fred and Elena are engaged."

"Well, congratulations!" Arthur grabs my hand and begins to shake it heavily. Percy smiles and shakes my hand as well. Ginny wraps an arm around me and leans her head against my side. I can see a smile on her face and I wrap an arm around her shoulder.

"It took you two long enough," I hear her mutter while I shake my head with a sigh. While all of the Weasleys try to talk about the fights and how everything is going to continue, I look around the Great Hall. When my eyes shift over the entrance, I see Oliver Wood carrying a small body inside.

Ginny has let go of me and mutter something about needing some air. She leaves us and I see her walk out of the Great Hall. Fred takes his sister's place beside me and wraps his arms around my waist. I hug him and place my head on his chest.

"I don't want to fight anymore," I mutter and Fred hums. He presses a kiss on my forehead and moves one of his arms from around my waist to my face. He tilts my head upwards and speaks, quietly and reassuring: "I know, love, but we need to. We need to make sure nobody else gets hurt."

My eyes avoid Fred's gaze and he turns my face so I have to look at him. "I promise this will all be over soon."

I want to believe him, I want this all to be over. Who else could I lose?

A tap on my shoulder helps me out of my thoughts. I break away from Fred's brown eyes and turn around. Neville smiles a bit awkwardly at me before he looks at Fred and asks: "May I speak to Elena?"

Fred nods and lets go of me. After pressing a small kiss on the back of my left hand, he nods at Neville and turns to his family. I smile and look at Neville who gestures me to follow him and walks to a quieter part of the Hall.

"Speak up," I demand when I sit down on one of the tables in the corner. Neville sits down next to me and after a deep breath, he says: "I need your help."

"Always, Neville, what is it?"

"I need you to cause a distraction."

My eyebrows raise in surprise but Neville speaks before I can ask any questions: "I didn't know who else to ask."

With a shrug, I answer: "I can cause a distraction. Who do you need me to distract?"

"All of the Death Eaters and You-Know-Who – if needed."

Taken back, I look at the dark blond-haired man. Neville shrugs and quickly adds: "I don't know if it is necessary, but when it is, can I count on you?"

"You can always count on me, Neville," I place a hand on his arm and smile at him. Distracting the Death Eaters, why would Neville want me to do that? "But if you don't mind me asking, why do you need me to do that?"

Neville sighs, "I can't tell you exactly, but it is important. It's- it's for Harry."

I nod. For Harry, that means it is quite serious.

Before either of us can say another word, we hear Voldemort's voice once again, as cold as the first two times he spoke to us: "Harry Potter is dead. He was killed as he ran away, trying to save himself while you lay down your lives for him. We bring you his body as proof that your hero is gone.

"The battle is won. You have lost half of your fighters. My Death Eaters outnumber you, and the Boy Who Lived is finished. There must be no more war. Anyone who continues to resist, man, woman or child, will be slaughtered, as well every member of their family. Come out of the castle now, kneel before me, and you shall be spared. Your parents and children, your brothers and sisters will live and be forgiven, and you will join me in the new world we shall build together."

The air in the Great Hall seems to freeze. Nobody moves and I share a quick look with Neville before jumping off the table. I run towards the group of red-haired people, grab Fred's hand, and drag him with me to the front entrance of Hogwarts to see for myself. This can't be true.

It's almost over... can anyone believe it?