Chapter 94

Trigger warning: torture/panic attack/anxiety at the end of this chapter.

I never knew Fred was so heavy. While I am still with my back against one of the pillars of the tent where the wedding of Bill and Fleur is being held, Fred has his arms wrapped tightly around my waist and is pressing kisses on the bare skin of my neck, shoulder, and face. With all my power, I try to push me away from me, but Fred only hums and continues to kiss me.

From out of nowhere, a big, silvery thing enters the tent.

It doesn't take long for me to realise it is a Patronus when the thing turns into a silver lynx. The lynx opens its mouth and begins to speak with the voice of Kingsley Shacklebolt: "The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming."

A wave of panic washes over me and I push Fred away from me. Quickly, I grab the Sober-up Potion from his pocket and grab Fred's face. With a stern tone in my voice, I order him: "Fred, drink this."

"W-whyy?" Fred slurs, but I grab his face tighter. "No time for questions. Drink. This. Now."

Reluctantly, my drunk boyfriend grabs the potion and drinks it.

While Fred sobers himself up, I see the panic around us. Many guests are running through the tent, disappearing as they go. Outside, I see the protective enchantments that were placed around the Burrow break. Pulling my wand out of my dress, I look around and see Tonks and Lupin casting Shield Charms.

Behind me, I heard Fred mutter: "Merlin's beard, what was that?"

"A Sober-up Potion, the headache will go away soon," I answer while turning around to face my boyfriend who has grabbed his head and is frowning. I try my best to explain what happens, not fully knowing what is going on. Fred immediately draws his wand as well and looks at the chaos around us. We exchange looks and sprint into the tent.

People in black cloaks and dark masks appear in the tent. Death Eaters. When the wedding guests that are still present spot them, they try their best to get away from them as soon as possible. I cast out "Protego" when I see one of the Death Eaters attempting to attack the guests.

Light flashes from spells and curse fill the tent. I am constantly casting protection spells to make sure the wedding guests get away safely. I help an elderly man stand up and when I have let go of him, he apparates away. Fred and Bill are duelling two Death Eaters and I turn to look for more people in need.

I hear a child scream and run through the crowd to where I believe it came from.

Gabrielle has fallen on the ground and I see a Death Eater lean over her. Without thinking, I cast: "Stupefy!"

The man falls over and I grab Gabrielle's arm. Pulling her back on her feet, I scan her for any injuries. The girl looks at me with tears in her eyes and when I am sure she is not hurt, I order: "Go to the house. Hide as good as possible and don't come out until one of us comes to get you. Compris?"

The girl nods and runs away from the chaos. I turn around and see one of the Death Eaters look at me. I don't have the time to mutter a spell to protect myself as I see a light flash come from their wand traveling in my direction. Before I realise, I am blown away.

I hit the ground hard. Everything becomes blurry and I see people run around in slow motion. With my hand, I carefully touch the back of my head. I flinch when a sharp pain shoots through my head and when I look at my hand again, I see blood on it. Around me are Death Eaters and members of the Order running around and I begin to lose consciousness.

~*~

A heavy headache pulls me out of the black void and I let out a groan. My head falls backwards and I want to raise my hand to check for any wound, but my hand is stopped by something. With trouble, I try to open my eyes and when I am used to the light again, I look at my arm.