Chapter 31

Two weeks after Umbridge conducted inspections on all teachers – and almost kicking out Trelawney – and barely teaching us how to defend ourselves against the most basic curses. It's time for the first Hogsmeade trip of the school year. My uncle has signed the permission slip I had to hand to Flitwick so I'm free to visit the village.

I'm sitting at the Ravenclaw table for breakfast, writing a response to Flora's latest letter which had reported how the start of the school year at Beauxbatons had been. With one hand, I'm writing the letter and sipping my tea, while the other hand scratches Pixie's belly. The dragon growls and puffs out small flames which keep my tea heated.

Someone sits down opposite me and when I look up from the letter, I see Fred smiling at me.

"Tomorrow is the first Hogsmeade trip of the year," he begins and I place down my quill. Fred leans his head in one hand and says: "Would you like to make it a date?"

I nod with a smile, "Of course. But, I have to-"

"Go to the Hog's Head for the Defence against the Dark Arts meeting Potter and Granger are organizing," Fred interrupts and waves it away with his hand, "I know. We can fit that in our schedule."

Hermione had been fed up with Umbridge's – and in extension, the Ministry's, because everyone knows Fudge is keeping an eye on Hogwarts through Umbridge – way of teaching and had decided to do something again. The meeting tomorrow was to see who was interested in whatever she had planned.

"Well, it's a date then," I smile.

The following morning, I meet Fred at the Gryffindor table for breakfast before we take one of the earliest carriage rides to Hogsmeade. With our arms linked, we stroll through the streets of the small village.

"This reminds me of last year," I tell Fred as we pass the Three Broomstick. Fred chuckles, "That was a very fun date."

We pass by Honeydukes and I pull Fred inside.

"I'm craving Skeleton Sweets," I wink as we walk through the shop. Fred barks out a laugh and goes to find some Pepper Imps which he loves. With our bags filled with enough candy to feed half the students in our year, we head to Zonko's.

George and Lee are in the back of the shop, discussing something with one of the employees. They're holding strange metal tools that look like torture devices.

"There we have our two love birds," George laughs when we head over. Fred joins the conversation with the employee. I press a kiss on his cheek and tell him I'll be next door in J. Pippin's Potions to grab a few ingredients for the potions I have been brewing. With my uncle's storage at my disposal, it's easier for me to brew them myself than to pay a Galleon a piece for a simple healing potion.

I meet up with the boys outside after they seemed to have found what they were looking for. Together, we head to the Hog's Head Inn that is located a few streets off the High Street of Hogsmeade. When we enter, we see that a few other students have already arrived.

"I'll order us some drinks," Fred says and lets go of my hand to head over to the old bar. 

When he returns, he hands everyone a Butterbeer and gives me a Bubble Juice. With a raised eyebrow, I look at him when he sits down. He smiles and answers: "I know you like Butterbeer too. But he only has cold, and without cinnamon – so I decided that Bubble Juice was the safest option."

I mutter a thank you before taking a sip. The Bubble Juice tastes a bit dusty, but it's fine.

We sit down around Harry and when everyone seemed to have arrived, Hermione stands up.