Chapter 105

The first few days of Flora's stay at Aunt Muriel's, the older lady complains about 'not being a hotel' but after Flora proved she can behave according to the many rules the witch has set, I notice Muriel complaining a lot less than at the beginning – I suspect Flora's dessert and bakery skills helped a little as well. It feels good to see Flora every day again like when we were at Beauxbatons.

It has been almost two weeks now since Flora arrived. With April coming to an end, I have managed to convince Flora to stop talking about possible wedding plans for me and Fred. George enjoyed the looks on our face whenever Flora brought something up and Fred talked to him. Flora looked a bit hurt but understood and agreed to stop bringing it up.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

George's voice helps me out of my thoughts while he enters the backroom where I am sitting behind one of the desks. After dinner, I wanted to check something on one of the orders I went through today and had excused myself. Looking up, I see the red-haired man, wearing another horrible suit, leaning against the desk opposite me.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing special," I answer. George narrows his eyes at me and tilts his head, clearly not believing me but brushing it off.

Grabbing a chair, he places it in front of the desk I am sitting behind. George sits down and leans with his arms on the desk, eyeing me closely. After a moment of silence, he asks bluntly: "Would you marry Fred?"

Surprised by the sudden question, I look at George with wide eyes. "Ehm- I mean... I-"

Clearing my throat, I ask: "Why do you want to know that?"

"You are avoiding the question," George points out with a weird undertone in his voice. Crossing his arms in front of his chest, he leans back in the chair. "I have been watching your relationship for almost four years now, I have the right to ask: would you marry Fred."

"Of course I would marry Fred."

I avoid eye contact with the man opposite me, looking at the painting of a landscape on the wall behind George. The answer came out of my mouth without any thought, because it's the truth.

Satisfied with himself and the answer I gave him, George nods with a smile on his face. He stands up and before he exits the room, he looks back at me and says: "I couldn't imagine a better sister-in-law."

With those words, the man leaves me alone again. Why would he ask me that so sudden? I wonder, is Flora mingling with my life again and send George to do the questioning? Letting the thoughts run through my head for a moment, I decide to talk to Flora tomorrow. It's late and she has probably already gone to bed.

I leave the office, still thinking about Flora's possible plan. The kitchen is abandoned and in the living room are Molly and Arthur, sitting on the couch. Molly is watching something on the old television Aunt Muriel has and Arthur is reading the Daily Prophet – although everything they post these days is propaganda from the Death Eaters and Voldemort.

Molly smiles at me when I bid them goodnight and head upstairs to the small bedroom Fred and I share. When I enter the room, Fred is already lying in bed. On the blanket are pieces of parchment scattered around him and he looks up when I enter.

"Are you alright, love? Did the order check out?" Fred asks, placing the paper he was holding down. While changing into my pajamas, I nod. "I'm fine and the order checked out."

Fred doesn't seem convinced and raises his eyebrow.

"I was just thinking about what Hermione, Ron, and Harry would be doing right now," I continue, and the question George asked me so suddenly.