Chapter 102

After the first time I made an appearance on Lee's Potterwatch, I become a regular beside Fred, George, and Lee. Fred tells the listeners the news on 'Chief Death Eater' Voldemort and I try to tell things that form small points of happiness in these dark times.

Around the end of March, I have spent almost every Sunday at Lee's hideouts. Although the show airs as often as they can, I only appear on Sunday due to the fact I have to work on the weekdays.

Currently, I am sitting on an old sofa with a cup of tea in my hand and a microphone in front of me while Lee and Kingsley talk about the bravery of some witches and wizards who help their Muggle neighbors in need. The Death Eaters have started attacking Muggle neighborhoods where wizards live who are a threat to Voldemort.

After his talk with Kingsley, Lee turns to Fred to ask him the latest news about Voldemort. Fred smiles widely and begins telling a – unbelievable – story about Voldemort and his ability to kill people with one gaze. Lee can barely contain his laughter while Fred keeps adding ridiculous things. When my boyfriend is finally finished, I let out a giggle and ask into the microphone: "How long did it take you to make that up?"

"Three minutes, Raven, only three minutes," Fred responds, "You see, dear listeners, it's very easy to make up stories about our dearest "Chief Death Eater" but that doesn't make them true. The man is as human as most of us and doesn't have any special abilities like killing with one gaze. Do not believe everything you hear."

"Words to live by, Rapier," Lee nods. Fred smiles and Lee turns to me, "How was your week, Raven?"

"Quite nice actually, River. I received news a colleague has given birth to a beautiful child."

I place my empty cup on the table and smile.

"Hopefully they didn't name them Harry if they had a son," Lee remarks and I laugh. With a shake of my head, I answer: "I don't think they will do that. There have been quite a few babies born who were named after our famous war hero. Dear listeners, it's time to get creative again – we don't want future Hogwarts classes filled with only Harry's."

The three men sitting on the other couches laugh and Lee smiles: "You heard it, don't name your child Harry. This was it for today. Stay safe, dear listeners, and support Harry Potter!"

With those words, Lee ends the broadcast. Quickly, we pack the equipment into boxes and when I take a glance at the clock, I let out a gasp. Both Fred and George look up and follow my gaze to the clock: 5:58 p.m. The eyes of the twins widen and quickly, we bid Lee and Shacklebolt goodbye before apparating back to the Burrow.

When we enter the kitchen, Molly looks at us with a stern look on her face and her armed crossed in front of her chest. From the corner of my eye, I notice the absents of Arthur who usually returns home before us. Fred and George hide behind me and I send the older witch an apologizing smile. "We're sorry we are a bit late – the broadcast went on longer than expected."

Molly shakes her head and gestures to the table filled with food. The three of us sit down and Fred whispers in my ear when we sat down: "We're in luck Mum likes you so much. I don't think she would have forgiven me or George that easily."

I can't help but laugh. George, sitting opposite of Fred, narrows his eyes at us while muttering something in the direction of 'stupid lovebirds'.

Both Fred and I stick out our tongues to the man and when we notice, we both laugh. George joins us and Fred wraps an arm around me to pull me closer. After pressing a kiss on my cheek, he looks at his mother and asks with a side-eye to Arthur's seat: "Where's Dad?"

"He is later than normal," Molly remark with an eye on the clock. After placing another pan with food on the table, she takes a look out of the window before taking off her apron and sitting down opposite of me.