Chapter 39

I try to avoid the Gryffindors as much as possible the following days after the Christmas holiday. Due to Roger's new set-up (the boy really spent his holiday thinking about new strategies for Quidditch), the Ravenclaw Quidditch team spends a lot of time together which makes avoiding the Gryffindors easy.

Cho was the first to notice the change and the boys on the team realised it soon after. Fred and I haven't spoken a word since that day at the old house and that gets heads turning. I didn't tell the team the details about my fight with Fred and nobody asks. After every lesson I have, at least one team member walks with me.

When I had asked Chambers who walked me to the Great Hall after our shared Transfiguration class why he was doing it, the boy had shrugged and remarked: 'Clearly, none of this is your fault and we're supporting you in case Weasley wants a confrontation.'

At first, the boys on the team and tried to shield me from the staring gazes of the Gryffindors by forming a barrier, but I had insisted that wasn't necessary. They weren't happy but continued to walk with me everywhere I went. Except the bathroom. Tom was willing to enter the girl's bathroom but Cho had threatened to hex him if he did.

"If you use feints, we can trick the other team," Roger explains the next step of his new strategy during lunch on Thursday, almost two weeks after the Christmas holiday.

Tom says: "Wait – Muggles use that too! When they are playing soccer."

Roger grins and the two other Chasers start grinning as well. I'm only listening to the conversation with one ear, my attention at the Gryffindor table. I try to sneak glances to where Fred and George are sitting. Fred is glaring at his plate while George keeps looking in our direction. 

During our shared Potion class, the Weasley twins looked at me constantly. While they didn't say a word to me, Angelina tried to speak to me like normal. I answered her questions about the potion we needed to make with normal answers and she didn't seem to think much about it – after all, she wasn't present and although I know she knows about the situation, she hasn't been treating me differently.

"I'm sorry, boys," Anna says as she appears seemingly out of thin air behind me.

"and Cho," she quickly adds after a glare from the younger girl, "But Elena and I have Defence Against the Dark Arts now. We don't want to be late."

I grab my bag and stand up. After promising Roger to be present at the team meeting after dinner, I tell the others goodbye and head out of the Great Hall. Anna links her arm through mine and casts a look over her shoulder.

"Fred keeps looking at you. He shouldn't be so proud and just apologize for being such a prick."

I had decided to tell my roommates about what went down during the holiday and had come clean about Snape being my uncle. Unlike the Gryffindors, my roommates had reacted normally and like it wasn't a big deal. Evelyn only asked if I could make my uncle become less mean towards the Ravenclaws, but, overall, they didn't seem to mind I am related to the Potion Master.

('We all have family members we rather don't have,' Anna had remarked, frowning as she most likely thought about her grandmother.)

I also wrote Flora who immediately demanded a fire-call in which I had to stop her from Flooing over to kick Fred's ass or sending him a Howler which would only make the situation worse.

"Elena!"

A voice calls out and makes me look up. In front of the DADA classroom is Lee, waving happily when he sees me and Anna approaching. Behind him are Fred and George.

"Hi Lee," Anna smiles.

The Gryffindor Quidditch commentator smiles at her before turning to me.

"I was wondering, Elena..."