Chapter 104

"How long do I need to keep my eyes closed?" I ask for the fourth time. Behind me, I hear Fred snicker and George remark: "Is she always this impatient?"

Fred presses a kiss in my neck and mutters in my ear: "Just a moment more, love. Have a bit of patience."

I am standing in the living room of Aunt Muriel's house and start impatiently tapping the floor with my foot. Aunt Muriel and Molly are taking a small walk and I have no idea where Arthur is. The two men tried to get the house for themselves and while I still have no idea why, I trust them enough to be standing with my eyes closed in the middle of the living room.

Suddenly, I hear the front door open and two voices sound muted in the hallway. George claps his hands and I can hear the door to the living room open.

The two voices are now silent and I hear someone giggle, while Fred behind me says: "You can open your eyes now, love."

Immediately, I open my eyes and when I am used to the bright light again, I look into the bright blue eyes of my best friend.

Flora lets out a scream and holds her arms open for an hug. Surprised, I run to her and hug the strawberry-blonde girl tightly. Flora begins to laugh loudly, while hugging me back and I can feel tears roll down my cheeks.

"Flora, je vous tellement manqué," I mutter and hear Flora say: "I missed you too, Elena. Ginny told me about what happened and I am so sorry I didn't attend Fleur's wedding – I had to go to this important meeting and-"

I cut her rambling off with a laugh and let her go. With a bright smile, the girl looks at me and I turn to Fred and George. The twins have wide smiles on their faces and I hug Fred first. Grabbing his face in my hand, I press a kiss on his lips. After kissing him, I turn to George to hug him as well and press a kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you so much, boys," I say emotionally and the two men look at me with proud faces. Fred shrugs and explains: "You and Flora used to write all the time and I thought this would improve your mood."

George nods and adds: "It took us a while to convince Aunt Muriel, but Mum stood on our side which made everything a lot easier."

Flora and I sit down on the couch, and while Fred sits down next to me, George excuses himself by saying he still has to check the orders of today. Even though I can see Ginny want to sit with us and talk, Ginny excuses herself and follows George to the backroom.

For an hour, Flora and I catch up on each other's lives. Flora asks about how the wedding was ('I regretted it so much that I couldn't come') and she tells me about her finishing her Healer education and that she is now working as a Healer in Paris. I fill her in about my work at the Ministry as Arthur's assistant, about my uncle becoming an Death Eater and Headmaster of Hogwarts, and tell her about what happened during the Battle of the Astronomy Tower and the wedding at the Warrington Manor.

Flora lets out an 'ahw'-sound when Fred proudly tells her how he saved me from becoming Warrington's wife. She laughs when we tell her about Potterwatch, and high-fives George who drops by for a moment when she hears about his comment about an heir.

She smiles at George and sends me a look. "He is right, we want an heir to spoil."

I want to open my mouth, but Fred is faster and answers while sending George a look: "Like Elena said before, no children before marriage."

Flora's eyes widen, but she doesn't say anything although her facial expression tells me she is dying to comment on it. George rolls his eyes and leaves the living room.

It takes Flora until after dinner to say something, but when we are sitting outside in the garden, my best friend looks at me and remarks: "No children before marriage, I knew you would want to marry him – I called it the moment you two kissed during the Yule Ball. Don't tell me you are already engaged!"

I cross my arms. "We're not engaged. Fred and I both know now is not the right time for that. I don't want to be engaged and not know if we are still alive after all of this is finally over."

"But when the war is over – and you get married – I will be your maid of honour! I deserve that!"

Flora smiles and I laugh loudly while she begins to tell me what colours make her eyes pop and what colours I don't need to pick. Suddenly, something seems to hit her. Her eyes widen and she says: "I will help you plan the whole wedding – it's going to be so much fun!"

With a smile, I look at the girl and remark: "After Bill and Fleur's wedding, I think – if we are going to marry– we are going to keep everything simple."

"Simple, I can work with that," Flora nods and stands up, "If you want to excuse me, I have to begin planning a wedding."

I let out a loud laugh while Flora walks back to the house again. What would I have done without her? Standing up from the chair, I follow the girl back into the house. Through the window, I see Flora saying something to Fred while George sits opposite of his brother, laughing at the expression of Fred's face.

When I enter the backroom, Fred's eyes shift from Flora to me and I shrug while mouthing 'Sorry'. Flora turns to me and says proudly: "Fred agrees with the simple theme."

With those words, she leaves the room and Fred raises his eyebrows while looking at me. I try to hold back a giggle and explain: "She always has dreamed of planning my wedding, sorry."

George laughs harder while Fred shakes his head and scratches the back of his neck. "But we Aren't even engaged yet."

"That doesn't stop her," I remark, "I told her we first need to survive this war before even thinking about marrying."

Fred agrees and I press a kiss on his cheek before walking upstairs to keep an eye on a way too enthusiastic Flora.