Chapter 15

At my best friend's question, I roll my eyes and answer: "I can't deny he is nice. And a real gentleman, surprisingly."

Flora leans closer and whisper: "He is also handsome, funny, cha-"

Before she can finish her list, I shut her up with my hand.

"I get the point, thank you," I say, and Flora giggles.

We watch the couples that are still on the dancefloor. I rub my feet, not experienced with wearing heels. It doesn't take long before Fred returns with Zayko on his heels. Fred hands me a glass of Bubble Juice and takes a sip of his own drink. Surprised, I look at the glass, and Fred's face falls.

Unsure, he asks: "You prefer Bubble Juice, right? I thought I remembered it right, but I can get you something else if you prefer that."

Flora sends me an approving look. I smile up at Fred, "I like Bubble Juice, yes, thank you."

The boy smiles relieved and sits down next to me. I watch George and Angelina dance wildly on the dancefloor, almost hitting a few unsuspecting students. Madame Maxime seems to have found a dance partner as well, a large man with a long beard. They almost crash into a few students as they shuffle in place.

Flora and Zayko decide to go back dancing when they have finished their drinks. Fred stands up and holds out his hand: "I heard the courtyard has been decorated, would you like to go on a walk?"

"That sounds nice."

With our hands entwined, we head out of the hall. Angelina waves at me as we leave and I wave back at the girl who continues dancing with George.

Fred leads me to the courtyard that is indeed decorated. The small path is lined with rose bushes and lighted by little lanterns. We slowly walk over the path leading through the courtyard with our arms linked and pass some couple snogging in a corner. We pass Snape who is angry separating the rosebushes to catch students and send them back into the castle. He sends me a knowing look when we pass, and I roll my eyes at him. Luckily, he continues his walk through the courtyard without paying much attention to us.

As we walk, Fred begins to tell me about his family and his dream about opening a joke shop with George. The two have been creating joke products – like the ones I received this morning to test out – but their mother doesn't seem to approve.

"I understand why she wants us to follow a career that will provide some stability, but we don't want to have a boring desk job, or become an Auror."

"I don't see you two doing anything like that," I agree.

"What do you want to do after you graduate?" Fred asks. I have to think about it for a moment before answering: "My uncle wishes for me to do something with potions, as he does, but I would love to become a wandmaker. I have found wands interesting since I first got mine."

Fred nods and we stop at a spot that overlooks the lake. The view is gorgeous as the moon illuminates the lake and I can see the Durmstrang ship from here. We stand there for a moment before Fred asks: "Can I show you something?"

I nod and he grabs my wrist, leading me through a dark corridor to an old, abandoned balcony that has an even better view. The balcony is darker than the rest of the courtyard and plants have overgrown the walls. There are leaves and branches all over the ground, and some of the walls have broken down.

"That's Hogsmeade," Fred points at the bundle of lights in the distance, "The only all-wizard village in the whole of Britain."

He proceeds to tell me about the different shops and the Shrieking Shack. Interested, I listen to the story about the old, haunted house. Next are stories about the lake with the Giant Squid and other secrets about Hogwarts. I don't interrupt him, and Fred tells me all about Hogwarts, gesturing with his hands as he talks. I tell him about Beauxbatons and the differences I have noticed between this castle and the one I am used to.