Chapter 49

In the following two weeks, I spend a lot of time studying and avoiding Umbridge and her Slytherins as much as possible. On Saturday, it's finally time for the final Quidditch match of the schoolyear: Gryffindor – Hufflepuff. Heading to the pitch to meet my friends feels a bit strange, I used to watch all matches with Fred.

I pass Hermione, Harry, and Ron and wish the Keeper good luck for his final match. There has been a steady improvement in Ron's Keeper abilities. He's still looking a little pale but I suspect that's because of the nerves.

As I'm climbing up the stairs to the stands, I hear a dreamy voice says: "Good morning, Elena."

Turning my head, I spot Luna Lovegood. She's also a Ravenclaw but a few years younger, I believe she is in Ginny's year and the two girls are friends. I haven't talked to the blonde-haired girl a lot but heard she can be a little odd.

"Good morning, Luna, are you excited for the match?"

Luna nods and starts telling me about some magical creature looming in the air that will most likely affect the outcome of the match. I smile at her and nod absentmindedly.

We make our way to where Anna and Diana are already seated and I take a seat in the free seats they're saving for me and Evelyn. In the row behind us, Roger, Tom, and Kieran are seated with the other members of our Quidditch team, save from Cho who is seated with her friends somewhere on our left.

Roger leans forward and remarks: "What's it going to be, Dubos? I think Hufflepuff is going to win which means those Slytherins will win the cup."

Looking up, I see how unhappy Roger looks. It was his goal to win the cup this year but even with Fred, George, and Harry getting kicked out of the team, Angelina managed to have a good team.

"Ginny is a better Seeker. Gryffindor will win the match and the cup," I say. Roger shrugs but I spot Kieran writing it down on the piece of parchment he keeps with him during the matches. From my pocket, I take a few Sickles and hand them over. Roger does the same and Evelyn, who arrives just in time, also takes out a few Knuts.

During the match, Anna and I share her Omnioculars like usual. Luna keeps talking about her Nargles and I nod at the right time and spot Evelyn doing the same. We're both too focused on the game to really listen to the younger Ravenclaw. Hufflepuff is leading fairly quickly with 130-70.

The further the match progresses, the louder the Slytherins begin to sing their stupid song.

Lee, who is the commentator, begins to scream loudly at the end of the game: "It is Weasley and Summerby fighting for the Snitch, the new Gryffindor Seeker is quite a good choice of Johnson – Ginny Weasley is taking the lead, it is going to be close! In the meantime, Keeper Ron Weasley just stopped two goals of the two Hufflepuff Chasers Smith and Cadwallader, good job Ron! But back to the two Seekers, is it going to be Weasley or Summerby, Weasley is getting closer, and closer, IT IS GINNY WEASLEY WHO CATCHES THE SNITCH! GRYFFINDOR WINS IN 220-130 AGAINST HUFFLEPUFF! GRYFFINDOR WINS THE QUIDDITCH CUP!"

All the Gryffindors around me begin to cheer and I hear some of them begin to sing:

"Weasley is our King,

Weasley is our King,

He didn't let the Quaffle in,

Weasley is our King!"

As the Gryffindor celebrate their win, I turn around to face Roger. Beside him, Kieran is calculating the wins and I smile at Roger: "See?"

"Yeah, yeah," Roger rolls his eyes, "You won, Dubos, no need to rub it in. Weasley is having a bad influence on you."