Chapter 76

Even though the meal Molly prepared for me was light, I feel nauseous when I have finished it. It must have been more food than I have eaten in the last few weeks and I didn't realise how hungry I was until the plate was placed in front of me.

Molly takes the empty plate back and snaps her fingers at Fred: "Why don't you grab Elena some more comfortable clothes?"

My boyfriend nods and after pressing a kiss on my forehead, he heads to the living room and up the stairs. Fleur offers to help me out of the dress and I gratefully accept the offer. We follow Fred upstairs and into the twins their room on the second floor. Fred has gathered some clothes and placed them on the bed.

I kick out the high heels and Fleur helps me to get out of the horrendous wedding dress. When we have finally managed to get me out of it, Fleur quickly unties the corset and I finally feel like I can breathe again. Fleur wraps a bathrobe around my shoulders and helps me to the bathroom before leaving me alone to shower in peace.

After a long, hot shower during which I scrub my skin until it's red, I change into the clothes Fred laid out for me. The dark-blue sweater with a yellow F knitted on the front smells like Fred's cologne and I have to take a seat on the bed to realise I'm out.

I head back downstairs and at the same time as I enter the living room, Arthur and Bill return home. They are followed by Kingsley Shacklebolt and a man I vaguely recognize. Frowning, I try to remember where I have seen this man before and when he sees me staring at him, he tips his head and says: "Welcome back, Ms Elena."

Fred, George, and Fleur are already seated on the couches in the living room. Bill sits down beside Fleur and wraps an arm around the woman which has her leaning into him while Arthur sits down in one of the armchairs. Fred pulls me onto the sofa he was sitting on and wraps an arm around my waist.

"It is good to have you back, Elena," Kingsley speaks from where he is standing in front of the fireplace, "I know this might be hard, but we need to ask you a few questions."

"Can't that be done at a later date?" Fred asks, looking between his father and Kingsley. He squeezes softly in my shoulder before remarking: "Not two hours have passed and you want Elena to relive it all over again?"

Fred's eyes shift to me for confirmation and when he sees my face, he continues: "I think it's better if you come back in a few days. We'll owl you when Elena feels ready to talk to you."

Kingsley nods. I turn to the man who tipped his head at me and ask: "Excuse me, but I have the feeling I know you from somewhere."

"That's correct, Ms Elena," the man answers, "The name is Letterford, I'm part of the Order. I was the photographer for the Prophet at the engagement party. We spoke briefly."

I nod, still frowning, as I try to remember the party. Somewhere in the big cloud of hazy memories, I find the man seated opposite me in one of the galleries of Warrington Manor. The man's words and his actions slowly come back to me and I smile at him.

"We have taken Mrs Warrington into custody," Kingsley says, having everyone turn back to him, "She'll be charged for the use of one of the Unforgivable Curses."

"Mr Warrington and Cassius Warrington have not yet been taken into custody," Arthur adds. When he sees the look of outrage on Fred's face, he quickly adds: "The Aurors are still trying to connect them to the charges, but I have faith they will be on trial as well."

I nod again, needing a moment to process everything. Fred entwines our fingers and squeezes them lightly.

Suddenly I realise the person missing from all this and I turn to Kingsley. "What about my uncle? Is he still at Hogwarts? Does he know about..."