Chapter 4

Transfiguration turns out to be interesting. The professor is an older witch who goes by the name McGonagall and tells us about non-verbal spells which are quite interesting. Back at Beauxbatons, we have a similar subject but is of a combination of Transfiguration and Charms which is another subject here at Hogwarts.

Halfway through the class, I spot Pixie flying near one of the open windows. She seems too happy with her freedom to my linking and I whistle to get her attention. Pixie spots me and heads in my direction. With a soft growl, she lands on my shoulder.

Herbology is the next class and when I spot my best friend in greenhouse three, I sigh out relieved. Flora smiles at me and tickles Pixie before launching into the story about her first Care of Magical Creatures class: "The teacher is a bit weird, but the class was interesting. How were your classes?"

With my head, I gesture to the Weasley twins who are sitting a few rows behind us.

"I met those two in Potions. I was late and the professor is a hard head who punished me. Apparently, here at Hogwarts, they take house-points from the student's house when they misbehave."

Flora hums and nods.

"Well, he wanted me to pick one of the house colours and I choose his house. He had to take away points of his own house which appears to be something he doesn't do much," I explain. Flora giggles and shakes her head, "That is so something you would manage to do."

Both of us start laughing and suddenly, a voice behind us pipes up: "Can I join in on the joke?"

Flora and I turn around to see Xavier sitting down in the seat behind us. Xavier is another boy in our friend group. Since Beauxbatons in located in France, the school also takes in students from surrounding country – hence why I was admitted, even though I am British – and Xavier is one of the Dutch students. His Muggle parents had been surprised their child was magical but when they looked at their family tree, it turned out Xavier's great-great-great-grandmother was a witch. Unlike Xavier, his younger brother isn't a wizard. In their first year at Beauxbatons, students who aren't native French are given French lessons and that's where Xavier, Henry, and I met. Xavier is our smartest friend who is always stuck with his head in a book.

"You are taking this class as well?" Flora smiles as the blond-haired boy unpack his books.

"No, Flora, I am here to enjoy the scenery," Xavier shoots back. Flora rolls her eyes and moves to flick Xavier on the nose. The boy – knowing Flora as long as I have known her – professionally avoids her hand and snickers.

"Are you still carrying Pixie with you?" Xavier turns to me, "You should be happy Madame Maxime didn't see her during the introduction. You could have gotten yourself in deep trouble."

I send him a look and sneer: "You really sound like Fleur now. Maybe you should go sit with her."

Xavier laughs and shakes his head. "Relax, Elena, I'm only joking. You know I love Pixie. She is too cute not to like. By the way, I just came back from Ancient Rune which was interesting. Hogwarts is so different from Beauxbatons, with their houses and all those points."

Flora quickly explains what happened to me during Potions and Xavier chuckles. Before he can say anything else, the professor enters the greenhouse and starts with the class. We closely pay attention during the whole class. At the end, we are given homework and Flora's face tells me she is already done with schoolwork for the rest of the year.

"Let's go eat lunch," Xavier says as we walk out of the greenhouse, "I am starving."

Flora nods heavily and complains: "I missed breakfast this morning. Apparently, you can't eat breakfast on other times."