Chapter 56

During lunch, George tells me about the grand opening of their shop that will happen in a few weeks. Before asking me a few more potion-related questions, Fred glares at his brother who ignores him. I talk with Fleur some more during lunch and chat with Bill about his job at Gringotts.

After lunch, when everyone has completed their chores, Ginny comes up to me and asks if I want to play Quidditch with her and her brothers. When I agree, she smirks at Fred and George: "She's on my team."

The two boys groan and Ginny snickers. George narrows his eyes at his sister and hisses: "As if you two can beat us. We'll show you how Quidditch is played."

I cross my arms and remark: "We never played against each other before. How do you know for certain you can beat us?"

George grins at me, "I don't have to play against you to know we're better."

Before I get the chance to retort, Ginny pulls me to her room for a change of clothes. We have to make a few small modifications in order for me to fit in a pair of Ginny's flying robes. Dressed, Ginny and I head downstairs to the broom closet. Ginny ponders for a moment as she regards the brooms lined up before taking an old Cleansweep from the line and handing it to me.

She looks apologetic when she says: "It's not the best broom, but it belonged to my brother who played as a Seeker for Gryffindor on this broom. I'm sure you'll manage."

The weight of the broom is different from what I'm used to with my Moontrimmer, but I assure Ginny it will be fine. Ginny grabs her own broom and head to the back of the garden. We have to walk through a few rows of trees to end up in the orchard where I see a Quidditch pitch has been made.

Fred and George are already waiting for us on the field and George complains: "Hurry up, will you? Why do women always take so long to get ready? It's not some dance, just a game of Quidditch."

Ginny snatches the Quaffle out of George's hands and hisses: "We're sorry to keep his majesty waiting."

"Are you that eager to get your asses kicked?" I ask. Fred sticks his tongue out at me, and I blow him a kiss.

Ginny quickly explains the rules of their modified version of Quidditch with the 'help' of George who interrupts her a few times with a comment or two. When everything has been explained and I don't have any questions, we mount our broom and fly up. There are no Seekers and no Beaters, instead, the aim is to score as much as possible.

Fred and George decided, 'to make it fair since we're women', that Ginny and I get to begin. Ginny ad I share a look before we take off.

It doesn't take long for Ginny and I to lead with 50-10. Ginny is an excellent Chaser and I let her take the lead, trying to support her as she scores goal after goal. I drop the Quaffle I'm holding right in time so Fred who is on my tail can't snatch it away and Ginny catches it perfectly before speeding off to the hoops on the other side. George tries to stop the Quaffle, but his fingers miss the Quaffle by an inch, and Ginny scores again. 60-10.

The expression on the faces of the twins sour as Ginny and I high-five.

At the end of the game, which took roughly 90 minutes, the score is 90-50.

We shower quickly before heading down for dinner. Hermione asks us who won and with a proud smile plastered on her face, Ginny brags about how we beat the boys fair and square. Fleur giggles and says: "I never played Quidditch myself, but Elena 'as been very passionate about the game. It doesn't surprise me you played for Ravenclaw at Hogwarts."

Ginny's face falls and she quickly shoves a bite of food in her mouth to avoid answering Fleur.

After dinner, Fleur and I help Molly clear the table and once that is done, I tell Fred it's perhaps time for me to return home.