Chapter 65

There is something wrong, I realise moments after we have apparated away. The pressure from all sides is harder and it feels like an iron band is tightening around my chest, making it hard to breathe. I had squeezed my eyes shut but carefully open them to see what is going on. In the blackness around us, I see Fleur and immediately see there is something wrong with her.

Her eyes are closed, and she looks ghostly pale. I tighten my grip on her hand, not wanting to lose her, and end up in different locations.

"Fleur?" I scream but I don't know if she can hear me. It feels like my eardrums are being pushed inside my head. A wave of panic washes over me as I try to lift my hand to shake Fleur.

"Fleur!"

A burst of light blinds me and I feel the ground under my feet again. Holding onto Fleur, we stumble onto the ground. Nausea and dizziness overwhelm me but my first priority is Fleur.

Fleur who is laying on the ground, unconscious and ghostly pale.

I curse under my breath as I crawl over to Fleur. I pat her face, hoping for a reaction, but there is none. Fleur's skin feels cold and clammy. I keep patting her face as I assess our surroundings. I have no idea where we are. All I can see are rows and rows and rows of trees.

A sound makes me turn back to Fleur who has opened her eyes a little.

"Fleur!" I breathe out relieved, "Hey, can you hear me?"

The woman mutters something and her eyes droop. I move my hand from her cheek to her shoulder and shake it lightly: "Stay with me, Fleur."

Fleur nods lightly. Quickly, I take off my bag and start rummaging through it. It looks like we're in the middle of nowhere and I have no idea what to do. My fingers brush over a familiar bundle of medicine and I quickly pull it out. The potion Flora pushed into my hands before we left. Her words echo through my mind: If she faints, it's her blood pressure. Have her drink this, Elena, all of it, and it will help. If it doesn't, or if she faints again, get her to a Healer as fast as possible.

With shaking hands, I twist the cap off and lift the potion to Fleur's lips.

"You have to drink this," I tell Fleur who opens her lips. Carefully not to have her choke on the liquid, I help Fleur drink the light-colored potion. When Fleur has drank it all, I dump the bottle back into my bag and pray the potion does what it's supposed to do.

It feels like an eternity before Fleur groans and grabs her head with a hand. I jump up at the sound and when Fleur moves to sit up, I help her.

"How are you feeling?"

"Better," Fleur answers. I place my hand on her forehead and feel she's burning up.

"We should get you to bed," I say, "Henry will have one for you."

Fleur lets out a sob and I quickly pull her close. Running soothing fingers up and down Fleur's back, I mumble nonsense as I wait for Fleur's breathing to even out.

"You have been asking so much of your body lately," I say when Fleur's sobs have stopped. I feel bad for not being able to apparate, and letting Fleur do all the hard work while she is pregnant.

"Where are we?" Fleur asks softly and she moves out of the embrace. Looking around, I shrug: "I have no idea, but we should find some help for you."

The woods are dark and I can't see anything other than trees and the occasional bush. I help Fleur back onto her feet and support her as she steps forward. The sun has set fully by now and there is no moon illuminating the woods.

"I can conjure a Patronus, asking the Order to come to help us," I wonder out loud as we walk. I search for a point of recognition, but it's only trees for as far as the eye can see.