•You Never Wanted Me

Jaemin's POV

School went by just like every other day. But now I have to go talk to my mom...

I wait for Jumin to finish packing her things at her locker.

"Ready?" She exhales as she shuts her locker.

"Yep." I sigh. "You sure you want to come with?" I grab her hand.

"Yes. I want to be able to support you." She takes her other hand and puts it over the both of ours.

"Okay." I take a deep breath.

-

We pull in my moms driveway and walk up to the door. I knock three times and wait for her to answer the door.

"You got this." Jumin squeezes my hand a little bit.

I nod and take a deep breath to calm myself down.

My mom opens the door. "Jaemin, please come in." She frowns.

I nod and walk inside. She shuts the door behind Jumin and I and we follow her to the living room.

There's a moment of silence.

Jumin's POV

"I'm sorry, I wish I hadn't got so mad. I really miss you being at home. Please just come back."

"You expect me to just forgive you after what you did?" Jaemin raises his voice. I hold his arm to try and calm him down.

"Jaemin I know, I never should've reacted so harshly and I really regret it."

"You told me that it was my fault that dad left!" He starts to yell. "All I asked was what happened because I don't even know him!"

"Jaemin, you deserve to know the truth and I never should've reacted like that." She looks at me, then back at Jaemin. "I shouldn't have said those things about your friends, and I shouldn't have said those things about you."

"Well if I deserve to know the truth so much why don't you tell me?"

"Because I didn't want you to leave, but you did anyway."

"Because you kicked me out!"

"And I wish I didn't because that was the last thing I wanted to happen."

"You're just acting all innocent because Jumin is here." He looks her dead straight in the eye.

She raises her eyebrows and her mouth falls open.

"Be honest. I know why he left, you just are too scared to tell me." This is starting to get really heated...I rub his arm trying to calm him down more.

"Why do you think he left?" His mom yells back at him.

He raises his eyebrows, surprised that she's doubting him, I'm assuming. "You got pregnant with me and he freaked out because you said that I was his. I know I know you never wanted me. I know I was a mistake. I know you didn't ever want kids. Why else would I be an only child and you're still single after how many years, oh yea, my whole life." He snaps at her.

She just sits there in shock.

"That's right. People talk." He leans back and crosses his arms. I didn't know he wasn't planned...or that he didn't ever meet his dad. "I know I never was wanted, and I know that you were happy that I left and you just want to be the 'wonderful mother' you always try to be." He sounds like he's fighting tears.

She just sits there.

"You wanted to talk! So talk!" He sounds defeated.

"Jaemin, I, I didn't know you knew all that." She speaks quietly.