•The meeting

Friday, pre-move

Yunnie is moving in just a few weeks, so not much time to convince our parents and move if we can. Everyone decided it was a good idea to ask my parents first since if I can't move, Yunnie can't.

Yunnie, Jeno, Donghyuck, and I went to my house after school, since we would be moving together we had to all do it together. Mom knows Jeno, Donghyuck, and of course Yunnie enough where she can trust them. So, it's more or less up to my dad.

We all sit down at the table, I'm sitting next to Jeno, Yunnie next to Donghyuck, mom, dad, and my brother Hyeon on the other side.

"So, you guys are being professional. What's up?" My mom asked suspiciously.

"Well, Yunnie is moving. And none of us want her to leave. So, we had an idea..." I say dragging out the word idea.

"Okay.." Mom leans forward.

"We had an idea, where us four could move in together." I sit up confidently so they know that we're serious.

"Jumin, where and why would you go?" Hyeon's lip quivers. He's only 8 and he's the best little brother I could as for. But, I'm going to leave someday, so I stay strong.

Mom and dad just sit there for a moment, shocked at what I just said.

Yunnie spoke up and added more details. "Jeno and Donghyuck are very responsible, and if we move in with them, we will all help each other. Yes, Jumin and I don't have jobs yet, but we already have applied for some. We won't be far away either."

"Do you really think this is a good idea?" Dad looked at me sternly.

"Yes. I've thought about it for a while now, and we're all very good friends. We trust each other. Plus it would be good for me to go and be responsible for myself."

"What about Pip?" Hyeon whispered.

"Well, since he is mine, I would be taking him. I'm sorry Hyeon." I grabbed his hand. He looked down saddened.

"Mom, dad, tell me a reason you don't want me to leave."

"We'll miss you." Mom sighed.

"Mom I'll visit every day, I'll bring Pip if you want." I look at Hyeon.

"Are you really ready?" Dad looked at the four of us.

We all nodded.

"If you really think you're ready, and that you can do this, I think it's okay. But have you asked any of your parents yet?" Mom agreed.

"We haven't yet, only because I won't be able to move out if Jumin can't. But now that she possibly can, so can I." Yunnie smiles getting excited.

"Donghyuck and I can ask our parents alone. They know that Yunnie and Jumin are great people and that we can trust them." Jeno looked at my mom and dad.

"So..." I ask.

"I-I think it's okay with me." Dad nodded.

Yunnie, Donghyuck, Jeno, and I all looked at each other and smiled. We jump out of our seats and formed into a group hug and cheered.

I broke the hug and looked at them. "We've got this."

"Now, before you all celebrate, go ask your parents. There's no way I'm letting Jumin move out if any of you can't." Mom spoke up over our celebrating.

We all nodded again and got our shoes on to go ask Yunnie's mom.

"Thank you," I say hugging mom and dad.

~~~

We pull into Yunnie's driveway. She's nervous, I can tell.

"Yunnie, it's okay." I look at her and smile.

We sit down with her mom and dad. Her dad lets Yunnie do whatever she wants so we weren't too worried about what he would say, but her mom is a totally different story.

"Mom, dad, I know we're moving," Yunnie sighed. "but, I've been thinking, what if I moved in with Jumin, Donghyuck, and Jeno? I real-" Her mom cut her off.

"Ji-Yun! There is no way that will ever happen." She shakes her head.

"Mom, please let me say something." Her mom sighed. "Mom, I trust them, you can too. You don't have to worry. I am barely here anyway. I mean, don't you want me to be responsible and independent?"

"Yunnie, don't you want to start off fresh?" Yunnie's mom sounds a little disappointed.

"Mom I will be starting off fresh, just with friends."

"Yunnie, it's a no." Her mom sits back in her chair and shakes her head again.

"Why? Why can't you give me one valid reason you don't want me leaving?"

"Yunnie, you don't even have a job!" Her mom flies her hands in the air.

"I know, I've applied for a job. Jumin has too, Jeno and Donghyuck said that they will help with our side of rent until we can do it ourselves. We've got it all covered. There's plenty of places around here that would be perfect!"

"Yunnie, please listen to me." Her dad spoke up. "Do you really want to do this?"

"Yes. I'm sure of it."

"And you know that you can be responsible enough for this?" Her dad doesn't break eye contact with her to make sure she's listening.

"Yes."

"You know that you can be independent enough for it?"

"I'm sure."

"And you know that it won't be easy right?"

"Yes. Dad, mom, I'm ready, I've been ready forever and it's finally my chance."

"Yunnie, listen." Her dad grabbed her hands and looked in her eyes. "It's okay with me, but if your mother isn't ready, then it isn't going to happen."

Yunnie looked at her mom expectantly and let out a weak smile.

"Yunnie, you have to promise me that you will call me every day, you have to promise to take care of yourself, and you have to promise to be smart about this. And please don't rush." Her mom looked her in the eyes and grabbed her other hand. "If you can do that, then it's okay with me."

Jeno, Donghyuck and I all silently celebrated together. "Yes mom, I can promise everything. It will be just fine."

"It's okay with me then."

The four of us all stood up and celebrated yet again. Another group hug except some tears of joy as well. It was official. Yunnie wasn't leaving. Donghyuck and Jeno's parents already were talking about them living on their own and being independent, so it was pretty much official. We're moving out of our parents' houses and moving in together!

•••