Miller was nearby my bedside and just looked at me, knowing I had done something but didn't say anything. All Miller could do was just calm our families, but she was forced to break some kind of silence about what had been happening. Miller didn't say what we were developing, all she could do was explained that we just blacked out and causes for them were still unidentified. However, I wasn't sure how he did know, but Paul somehow got some information about my astral form and just whispered, 'Xavier'. I had a strange feeling that the information about her near-death experience had to been leaked out since I didn't say anything about.

Then, I thought about Victoria for a moment since she had been there when Melanie started to choke on whatever it was. Could Victoria had slipped out something about Melanie during our times in our astral forms? I wasn't quite sure, but I needed to ask how did Paul know anything about what happened that long ago. I felt it was up to Melanie to explain what cause of the problem, but I knew she wasn't going to do it. Finally, I had to talk about it, but only with Melanie in the same room because I damn well knew that we're not alone. I mean, it was in the motto of her beloved football club, You'll Never Walk Alone.

Finally, my family came back after that scare, but I wasn't ready to tell them about Melanie's brush with death. Yet, Paul finally spoke up about my developing abilities and asked if I could demonstrate some of them, which I was hesitated to do so. Miller was also nearby, which I was hoping she would say something. Our mum scolded Paul because she felt I went through enough, but Paul told her about my moment of heroism... right where Melanie's step-father was nearby. Paul was lucky I was too sick to go for the opposite. I could tell our mum was left in shock as I never brought that up with her, again I wanted to let Melanie talk about it... NOT ME.

Then, I thought about what happened to Melanie since that choking incident. Melanie has been diagnosed with a host of malnutrition-related ranging from osteomalacia (adult rickets), anemia, scurvy to Marasmic kwashiorkor. Melanie was in the worse condition I could think of and that treatment was likely broke her if not one extra detail I knew about. Since there was no way of getting around it at that point, I had to speak up. I had to explain about the choking incident and why she had reduced her diet to liquids, even lucky just to be alive. Just I thought it was going to be a game-changer, my mum just explained that I needed to rest since she didn't want me to overuse my developing abilities. My mum didn't seem to be a bit surprised about the likely causes to Melanie's downhill spiral, which I later learned that she had known about the incident awhile back since Geri's mum had told her.

We all finally looked at Melanie's step-father, who was shocked about what he had heard. Same story with her mum. Finally, he asked about the choking incident and why he wasn't told about. It would've been something he and Melanie's mum would've known, after-all her only daughter is very sick. She was just lucky that she even is getting help, even if against her will. I thought about the all classic "you didn't ask" excuse, but I felt it was impolite.

Instead, I simply said, "I thought you knew".

The only response we got back was simple looks as if they just have seen a ghost. Then, I learned that Melanie didn't tell them either and had lied about it. I said it before, Melanie just doesn't like to be pity on, always wanting to be view as someone you didn't mess. I couldn't remember what lie she used to got out of that mess since her medical records were strictly hers alone. I don't even want to look at them. However, if I recall, there was a small clause about locating a relative, like a parent, like her mum. I could tell the look of that woman's face pretty much says it all, demanding to see Melanie's health record with that timeline. Miller was hesitant as she has to talk to Melanie's GP, and Melanie was indeed an adult, plus didn't have the authority. Yet, both her parents demanded those records as Melanie was too sick to give permission for anyone but herself access to those records. After awhile, they tracked down one of the staff members at the ward and demanded access. The first person, a clerk, had to inform someone at the ward for the records since they don't often have the records at the desk for safety reasons. The clerk explained the situation and a nursing assistant handed the documents. It was pretty much damning, as there was little they had except for that choking incident. I had to explain how Melanie was reluctant to go to the doctors, except for a check-up when the rest of us had to go.

Trying to get off-topic for a moment, Miller had to intervene by refocusing on the ESP activities, as I was getting bad effects from them. My mum wasn't sure about how I was gaining them, it was the first time she had heard about anyone developing them. Miller was just as puzzled and explained how Melanie was also involved with them, as so was a few others. It was too early if this could be bypassed down to any future generations, it was still was unknown at the time to where any of us got them. The only theory that was worked on was likely electrical trauma.

Suddenly, I was able to remotely hear what happening to Melanie after her parents finally got the records about that incident, even the head nurse was left in the dark. It was a stepping stone for her, but Melanie being Melanie refused to talk about it despite her mum trying to explain as else wise. Melanie was too weak to protest, thanks to the combination of medication that was given to her along with being on that feeding tube. Victoria was also present, trying to walk, which was getting better, as she resumed her talking treatment. David was there with her, encouraging her as it could be what she needed to finally take control once again. I had never seen a guy like David cry in my life. You got off lucky, Victoria.

Still, I didn't want to interfere with those trying to help Melanie, pretty sure the shock of the news and her poor health could be a recipe for disaster. Miller was also trying to figure out a way for my new-bound abilities since I kept having nasty side-effects whenever put in use. It almost reminds me of that manga version of Akira, where those Espers have to take similar kind of medication. I was already put on anticonvulsants to handle with the seizures, but they would make us very sick. Yes, Melanie was put on anticonvulsants, thanks to her seizures, though they have to be given with the IV fluid she was put on.

After awhile, I just wanted to know what was happening to Melanie since the previous attempt scared our families. I was hoping that she wasn't going to get upset with me for saying something about her brush with death that long ago. To be fair, I didn't say much of a word. Finally, I was I had some alone time with Miller, while my family was busy with my GP on how I was doing, as she was just as stumped. Miller understood I needed a way to get Melanie or at least, see what was happening to her. Learning about projection, Miller asked if I could give it a try. With this, I went ahead but tried to be very careful thanks to the side-effects and still hadn't shown any number of my family.

It was rather difficult to control the projection, but I was able to hold on for about 10 minutes. During that, it did showed that one of the orderlies handing over Melanie's medical records over to her parents as requested. The reaction they had was very troubling as they hadn't seen how sick Melanie really was... even I was left in the dark. I was starting to get another headache, so I was allowed to stop but my mum had returned at the moment. Luckily, she didn't the projection, only seeing her only very sick but was getting better. I opted to leave out information about what had seen, instead just focus on my recovery. Yet, I still wanted to see how Melanie was doing since her secret was exposed to her family. I could almost imagine what has to be going through her mind after learning that.