Venus Ziegler - Annabeth and Jason

Venus
I watch disdainfully as Annabeth's latest victim retreats down the hall.
"That's what? Number 8? How many boys are you going to reject?" I ask my friend. Annabeth just shrugs.
"Technically Castor was number 9, and it's a girl's ask guys dance. Emphasis on the girl asking the guy. I don't know what they don't understand," she replies, continuing down the hall, not at all phased by our classmates staring at her in awe. Annabeth has that effect on people. With her long, curly blonde hair and stunning gray eyes, I would be more surprised if people didn't stare. Unfortunately, Annabeth was notoriously dating some mysterious guy who didn't attend school here which of course only added fuel to the flames.
"Hey, I have to stop in the office, I'm giving a new kid a tour of the school. Meet you in Calc?" I ask.
"See ya there," she replies with a smile before heading off in the direction of the library. I start off in the opposite direction and make my way down to the office. When I push the door open, I spot a tall boy standing uncomfortably in front of the secretary.
"Ah, Venus!" Mrs. Darrens exclaims. The guy whips his head around. Poor boy looked like a deer in the headlights. His face calms when he catches sight of me however.
"This is Jason Grace, our new student," Mrs. Darren explains. I nod.
"Alright, So if I could see your schedule, we can walk to all of your classes before 1st period starts," I tell the boy. He nods and hands me his schedule. I scan the items listed. Calculus, Advanced Physics, World History, Lunch, Latin, PE, and AP English.
"Looks like you have most of your classes with me and my friend Annabeth," I tell him as we leave the office. The boy, Jason, stops in his tracks.
"As in Annabeth Chase?" He asks hopefully. I raise an eyebrow at the boy.
"You know her?" I ask skeptically. The boy smirks and just nods his head. I frown and begin walking towards his first class. It doesn't take long to walk Jason around the school so we walk into first period only a few minutes late.
"Hi Miss Wilton, this is Jason, he's the new student," I tell her walking in. Jason meets Miss Wilton at the front of the room and I take my seat next to Annabeth.
"Hey, where's Kane?" I ask, noticing the empty desk in front of her.
"He had to take a trip," Annabeth says, not looking up from her book.
"He will not be coming back."
"Annabeth!"
"He was annoying," she responds simply.
"That doesn't mean you can just get rid of him!" I whisper yell. Annabeth simply shrugs in response. I roll my eyes and turn back to the front right as the teacher is directing Jason to take Kane's empty seat. As soon as Annabeth sees him, her eyes light up and she jumps up from her seat, hugging the blonde boy. Wait what? Jason laughs, returning her hug.
"Long time no see Annabeth," he laughs as the two sit down. I stare at the boy in shock. Is this him? Is this Annabeth's mystery boy? People immediately begin whispering as the teacher turns to face the board, but Annabeth ignores them.

"Is that him?" I whisper excitedly to her as we leave class.
"What?" Annabeth asks, wrinkling her nose in confusion.
"Him! Is the new kid Jason your boyfriend?" I ask. Annabeth just blinks before bursting out laughing.
"Oh. My gods. Jason! C'mere! You'll never- oh my- guess what Venus just asked!" She gasped out between her fit of laughter.
"What?" Jason asks warily.
"She asked if you're my boyfriend!" Annabeth tells him. Now it's Jason's turn to burst out laughing.
"Oh lords no. Percy and Annabeth were together long before I met her," he tells me with a grin.
"Don't worry, you'll meet him soon. I invited him to the dance," Annabeth adds. I stare at the two in utter confusion. How are they so casual about this?
"So you're mysterious boy who is apparently named Percy is going to be at an actual school function?" I ask skeptically. Annabeth nods excitedly.
"He's flying in from New York," she says happily.
"New York?" I ask dumbly.
"Mmhmm. Now come on, we're going to be late for class," she replies, pulling Jason in the direction of the English department. I stare blankly for a moment before following the pair down the hall. I have never been mor confused in my life.

AN
Kay idk bout y'all, but I know the Percy/Piper friendship is like a big thing, but I am HERE for the Jason/Annabeth friendship and people thinking they're either dating or siblings because of the blonde hair/California tan vibes.