Emberly Zeltinger - Frazel

Emberly
I wait by the door of my English class, nervously waiting for the arrival of my soon-to-be boyfriend. I'm feel pretty confident that he'll say yes when I ask him, but I'm still a little nervous. I twist my long blonde hair around my finger and pull out my phone to make sure my makeup hadn't smeared. I had to look perfect. I wait for another minute when the cutest guy at school walks in. Frank Zhang.
"Hey Frank!" I say excitedly, "Are you ready for the homecoming game tonight?"
"Yeah I guess, it'll be pretty fun," he replies. I giggle in response.
"So I was wondering if I could wear your jersey tonight," I say leaning over to him. All the football players give their girlfriend their jersey to wear on homecoming night and I am determined to wear Frank's. Frank shifts, almost like he's uncomfortable.
"I actually already gave my jersey to my girlfriend," he says, sitting down. I frown.
"Who is she?" I ask.
"Hazel Levesque. From East High," he tells me. I frown again. Looks like I'll have to scout out my competition at the game tonight.

I push through the crowded bleachers trying to make my way to the front so I can have a good seat to watch Frank. That's when I see her. A petite African-American girl with curly brown hair wearing my man's jersey. The black and purple jersey with a big 5 on the back is tucked neatly into her jeans and she has purple converse to match. Suddenly the girl turns her head and I'm immediately mesmerized by her stunning gold eyes. She smiles and waves to a group of kids behind me. I recognize the boys as Frank's other friends from school, but the girls I don't know. They make their way past me and take up the last seats in the front row. Grudgingly, I stand behind them. The game begins when the cheerleaders run out onto the field in their skimpy, little skirts and begin to jump around. Then the boys run out.
"Let's go Frank!" The group in front of me yells. I try to cheer too, but my shouts get lost in the noise the kids in front of me make. By now I'm absolutely fuming. I'm so much prettier then this girl, with my long, silky blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and not to mention the fact that my dad literally payed $10,000 each so my chest could look this good. This little girl was practically a fetus compared to me! Thoroughly annoyed, I tap the girl on the shoulder. She turns around to me and smiles. I frown, determined to while that little smile off her face.
"Hi sweetie, what are you, five? Let's be honest here, you're not mature enough to be dating the quarterback," I say with a sickly sweet voice. The girl raises an eyebrow at me.
"The only five around here is my boyfriend's jersey number," the girl says. I glare at her.
"Boyfriend? More like a pity date," I scoff. Now the girl is glaring right back at me.
"Look, there are a lot of things I regret in my life, and this conversation, is one of them, goodbye," the girl says, turning back around to watch the game. Her friends try, and fail, to hold back their laughter. I glare some more at the back of her head before accepting that she wasn't turning back around. We won the game  two hours later and everyone ran down to the field to congratulate the team. I saw a glimpse of brown curly hair and purple and black fabric running through the crowds before the little girls jumped into Frank's waiting arms. Frank kissed the girl on the lips and I stomped my foot. That should be me I thought to myself. Boiling woth rage I turn on my heel and stomp back to my car. Next week was going to be miserable, and I need icecream. Like now.