Liam Roehrich - Tratie

Liam
Schist. That is exactly what was going on in my head as we run off the exploding bridge.
"Travis you absolute idiot!" Katie shouts as we sprint away from the wreckage, "A small fire! I said to start a small fire! That was NOT a small fire!"
"In my defense, it technically wasn't a fire!" Travis responds.
"Of coarse it wasn't on fire! You completely blew it up! Who are you, Leo?" Katie yells.
"There were five hellhounds on that bridge! What did you want me to do?" Travis pants as we come to a stop.
"Oh I don't know. Maybe be DISCREET!" Katie snaps. Ok, let's hit rewind here. Hi, my names Liam. Son of Hermes. Sup. So this whole scenario began this morning when my dad arrived at Camp announcing that, once again, his caduceus has been stolen, except this time, Percy and Annabeth weren't there to save the day. So naturally, Travis Stoll, the oldest, was sent on a mini quest to find our dad's stick thingy. He got to choose two other people to help him, so naturally he chose his girlfriend Katie. Ya know who else got to be dragged around as the third wheel? Not Conner like everyone assumed. Nope. It was me. The new guy. So yeah, my day started off sucky and then progressively got worse. We started off in the slums of New York cause Hermes was like, yeah I was delivering a package down there and what not and we found the caduceus relatively quickly. The only problem was that it was being guarded by a very temperamental hydra automation. Fun. So we spent the better part of our day avoiding several fire spewing heads and retrieving my dad's stick of dignity. Cut to about ten minutes later, we're walking back to the van so we can go back to camp when five hellhounds appear out of freaking nowhere. Katie, the responsible one, immediately tells Travis to start a small fire as a distraction so she can come from behind with me to start picking the hellhounds off one by one. Travis, being the not-so-genius he is decides to whip out the Greek Fire and throw it at the monsters. Of coarse this sets off an explosion and is the reason we currently are out of breath on the wrong side of the broken bridge.
"So what's the plan now?" I ask.
"I don't know. I'd suggest the back up plan, but somebody threw the back up plan off a bridge," Katie says, looking pointedly at Travis.
"It was on fire!" Travis snaps. Katie glares at her incompetent boyfriend.
"Ok, we just need to get across this bridge. Not a big deal," I say.
"What if we just walk across the beam that's still up," Travis suggests. I look down at the pit below.
"If you fall, you're a goner," I say.
"Easy, I can just grow some of these weeds out and we can make harnesses," Katie says. A few minutes later, the three of us are decked out in dandelion harnesses as we wobble across the beam. Well I wobble. Katie and Travis are experienced enough that they cross the beam without much trouble. I finally make it to the other side and all but jump onto solid ground.
"Wow. That mission wasn't even that bad," I say. Katie purses her lips.
"We're not to Camp yet," she says grimly.
"Liam, why don't you drive the van back to camp, Katie and I will guard Incase we get chased," Travis suggests. Katie nods in agreement. We hop back into the van, tuck the caduceus safely into the back compartment before heading back. We're about a mile from camp, and I'm convinced we're gonna make it back without anymore delays when I hear it. A loud growl behind us. I look in the rear view mirror and see a huge, brown bull creature running at us.
"Minotaur!" Katie yells.
"Aw, where's Percy when ya need him?" Travis groans, "you got a plan Katie-Kat?"
"Liam, when I say, turn the truck ninety degrees," Katie says in response.
"Now!" She yells. I do as she says and the van makes an ugly screeching sound. Katie and Travis roll expertly out of the van and immediately begin to bash the Minotaur. I can tell by watching that they've fought together before. They balance each other perfectly in battle. Katie slashes her dagger at the Minotaur's leg and when he bends down to claw her, Travis stabs it in the chest. With a deafening roar, the Minotaur explodes into a fine gold dust. Travis and Katie jump back into the van and we make our way back to camp.
"That was sick," I tell them as we drive through the boarder.
"Thanks man," Travis replies, "how'd you like your first ever quest?" I pause.
"It was definitely, enlightening," I say finally. Katie laughs. Maybe my day wasn't as horrible as I originally thought.

Comment your favorite PJO//HoO quote!!