Cameron Richter - Tratie

Cameron
Ok I'm not gonna lie, sometimes my best friend is crazy. I mean, don't get me wrong, I totally understand the whole concept of organization and planning. Do I think it's low key stupid? Sure! Am I probably the most impulsive teenager at my high school? Abso-frickin-lutely. But that's why Katie and I are best friends. She's like 98% of my impulse control and it's great. Now is a perfect example of this.
"I don't care if you clean out the bath tub with bleach! You can't murder Sierra after school because it's illegal and girl's soccer starts next week and you know coach would kill you and make it look like an accident if you couldn't play because you got charged with a felony!" Katie says in exasperation. I let out a huff of annoyance.
"Ugh, why do you insist on using common sense? It's no fun," I complain, only partially joking. Katie rolls her eyes at me.
"I have to go. My garden walk fundraiser is this weekend and I have a meeting with the environmental club in 10 minutes. Don't do something stupid," she tells me, closing her locker. I'm about to shoot back a snarky response when a boy comes barreling down the hallway.
"Katie! Katie, Katie, Katie, Katie!" He yells as he runs. At first I don't think that he's talking to my friend Katie. No way my completely put together, perfectionist best friend has anything to do with this loose cannon. But as we're the only two standing in this hallway, it becomes apparent that the boy is in fact, yelling at my best friend.
"What do you need now Travis?" Katie asks, looking vaguely miffed.
"We- we have a crisis- back at camp," the boy, Travis, tells her, panting slightly from sprinting down the halls.
"What? No! We can't have a crisis! My schedule is already full!" Katie complains.
"Sorry Kit Kat, but that's really not how that works," Travis replies.
"Ugh! Well what is it this time?" Katie groans.
"Miranda is trying to kill Connor!" Travis replies.
"Well tell her to reschedule. She can kill Connor next week. Preferably on Tuesday at 4:30," Katie responds.
"That's what you told them last week!" The boy, Travis complains.
"And why are you allowing this Miranda chick murder someone and not me?" I add in.
"Because Connor probably had it coming," Katie replies offhandedly. Travis shrugs and nods in agreement.
"But in all seriousness, Katie you have to do something," Travis says.
"There's never seriousness when you and Connor are involved," she replies rolling her eyes.
"Katie please!" The boy begs. I watch with interest as this boy melts in my friend's hands.
"Not to interrupt-this," I say, gesturing to the pair, "but who are you again?" I ask Travis.
"Me? I'm Travis, Kit Kay's boyfriend," he says casually before turning back to Katie. My jaw drops. My literal goddess of a best friend choose this train wreck of a human to be her boyfriend? When I zone back in, Travis is still trying to drag Katie back with him.
"How bad even is it?" Katie asks finally. Travis's face grows grim.
"Miranda has the wiffle-bat." Katie's eyes widen.
"Cam, I gotta go, tell the environmental club I'll catch up in the group chat and not to worry about the fundraiser? Bye, love you!" She yells as the pair run down the hall. I blink. What did I just witness?

AN
Hello! I have returned! I am not dead! Thank you for all of your concerns in my messages. Comment what YouTube trends you want our demigods to tackle in the next installment of the HoO YouTube series! :)

Also because I have returned, here is a list of Q&As that has been compiled over the course of this book's existence:
1. Who is my godly parent?
Athena:)
2. What's my favorite pjo/hoo ship?
Jiper/Jasper
3. How old am I?
18
4. Where do I live?
North Dakota, apparently my use of the word "y'all" is misleading🤔
5. Update?
I'm in college, I am currently in the midst of an ongoing existential crisis, please leave me alone.
6. What would be my weapon of choice?
A dagger, or like a bow an arrow?
7. Camp Half-Blood or Camp Jupiter
Half-Blood. Duh.
8. What's my favorite book from any of the series?
I'm assuming they meant pjo/hoo/toa, Mark of Athena, obvi, I also liked Battle of the Labyrinth ngl
9. Are you a writer?
Technically no? I'm double majoring in English Lit and Poli Sci with a minor in women and gender studies. Who hates themself? Me.
10. Who's your favorite character?
High Key: Piper Low Key: Black Jack and Coach Hedge