Kayla Blazek - Tratie

Kayla
I straighten my skirt one last before shakily entering the Olympian Law Firm. Today I had the most important interview of my life for the chance at my dream job. I stop at the secretary's desk and the woman gives me a pass for the top floor.
"Take a right and the elevator is the firsts door on your left dear," the lady says with a smile. I thank her before following her directions. When the doors finally open, I step in to find a women who looks to be in her early twenties. Her long, chocolate brown hair is tied up into a sleek high ponytail, and her bright green eyes glance at me skeptically. She looks extremely professional in a black pencil skirt and a green blouse the same color as her eyes. She's basically the epitome of what you'd want a lawyer to look like. Professional and put together.
"Are you here for interviews?" She asks me.
"Yes, are you?" I ask nervously. She nods. Great. I think to myself, if she's my competition, what chance do I have?
"I'm Katie, what's your name?" She asks.
"Kayla, Kayla Blazek," I reply.
"What position are you looking into?" She asks again.
"Family law."
"Really. Where did you get your degree?" She questions. I shift, feeling a bit insecure.
"The twin cities in Minnesota. It's not the most well known school for law students, but I was top of my class. I moved to New York a few months ago," I tell her. Katie nods and continues to drill me with questions regarding the law firm, my goals, and knowledge of the job. By the time she gets around to asking me about hypothetical scenarios, I'm very growing uneasy. Is it just me or is this elevator ride taking longer then normal? I hesitantly answer several more questions before Katie seems satisfied and reaches to a headpiece I hadn't noticed she was wearing before.
"Okay Travis, you can let us out now," she says into the earpiece. The doors of the elevator open instantly, and right outside is the CEO of Olympian Law Firm, Travis Stoll. Katie gravitates to his side and his arm slips around her waist.
"Hello Kayla, welcome to the business," he says with a grin. I blink.
"But. What about the interview?" I ask in shock. Travis smirks.
"Katie did a very professional interview in my opinion, and I was listening in the entire time," he replies. I open my mouth in surprise and look at Katie.
"Katie Stoll, Travis's wife, CEO of Olympian Landscaping, I really enjoyed your interview," she tells me with a smile. I continue to open and close my mouth, still in shock. She laughs.
"Travis does this to all his applicants. A bit sneaky, but effective," she says.
"Hey, it weeds out all the creeps who try to hit on you," Travis defends, pouting at his wife. Watching my, now boss, and a CEO melt like putty in Katie's hands is a sight to be seen. Katie rolls her eyes.
"Honestly Travis, if you want to plot evil plans to make innocent interviewees uncomfortable, maybe you should be the criminal for once," she says.
"Hey, that was my first choice, but you didn't want to marry someone on America's Most Wanted, so here we are," he replies. He turns to me as if just remembering I'm here.
"Look what you've done, you went and distracted me so much that I forgot all about my new employee!" Travis exclaims.
"Well don't admit that you forgot about her right I front of the girl Travis! And what do you mean, I distracted you? You were the one who asked me to be here!" Katie retorts. I have to laugh at their banter.
"I'm so sorry about my husband, welcome to the company," Katie tells me before turning to her husband, "I will deal with you at home." Travis gulps as his wife exits.
"I'll just show you to your office, although I might still have my cot in there from the last time Katie was mad at me," he mumbles the last part. I laugh again. This job will certainly be an experience.