Carter Delap - Tratie

Carter
"Travis! Hi!" I squeal as my crush approaches. I twist my long, curly brown hair around my finger and wave.
"Get em' girl!" My best friend Peyton whispers. I nod to her confidently. New school year, this is the year Travis will be mine.
"Hey! Have either of you seen the new girl?" Travis asks. My heart cracks a bit when those words leave his mouth, but I quickly brush it off.
"So Travis, can I talk to you for a minute?" I ask.
"Sorry Carter, maybe later, I gotta find Katie-Kat," he says.
"Who's Katie-Kat?" Peyton asks.
"She's my girlfriend!" Travis replies happily, looking around. This time, I'm pretty sure my heart actually did crack.
"Your, girlfriend?" I ask, making sure I heard him right.
"Yeah. I would steal the stars for her. Or I could get them by legitimate means if that would impress her more, but. Yeah," Travis says dreamily. Peyton gives me a sympathetic look, but I ignore it. Maybe I still have a chance? Maybe I can show him that I deserve him more then this Katie-Kat girl.
"Well, gotta go," Travis says running off.

I sit in history waiting for Travis to arrive. I'm not at all surprised when the bell rings and he hasn't arrived yet. About five minutes later, the door opens and Travis walks in with a gorgeous girl behind him.
"Late already Travis," Ms. Josart says without even turning around. Josart has had us all in class for the past 3 years so she knows all of our habits.
"I was showing the new girl around," Travis defends, gesturing to the girl behind him. The girl must be a good four or five inches shorter then Travis and has stunning, long brown hair curled in perfect ringlets. Her large grass green eyes flicker around the class, taking note of her surroundings. I personally thought my emerald colored eyes were pretty, but this girl had eyes that drew the attention of everyone within a ten yard radius. Basically she looked like me, but on major, beauty steroids.
"What's your name sweety?" Ms. Josart asks the girl.
"Katie. Katie Gardner," the girl replies. Katie-kat? I wonder in my head. The girl, Katie, takes a seat next to me and Travis sits down on her other side.
"Hi, I'm Carter," I say, smiling at the new girl.
"That's the girl I was telling you about! Doesn't she look like a Cabin 4?" Travis says to Katie. She nods in response.
"What's Cabin 4?" I ask them.
"It's a thing from the camp we go to," Katie tells me before turning to the front to listen to Ms. Josart's lesson.

"Okay, I know you like Travis and all, but you have to admit that he and Katie are like, super cute," Peyton says as we sit down at our usual table.
"I have to agree with you on that one, and have you seen her hair. I wish I could get mine to curl like that!" I reply.
"Hey guys, is it okay if Katie sits with us?" Travis asks as he sits down next to Katie, not waiting for a response.
"So how long have you two been a thing?" Peyton asks the couple.
"Almost two years," Travis replies taking a bite out of his cookie.
"Wait! That's mine!" Katie exclaims. Travis smirks at her.
"What? I would never!" Travis replies.
"You are such a thief!" Katie says giggling.
"I am not a thief! I'm just exceptionally talented at acquiring things that aren't mine," Travis replies only causing her to laugh more.
"Oh hey, before I forget, Carter, what was it you wanted to talk to me about this morning?" Travis asks me. Oh shoot! I forgot about that.
"Oh, nothing, I figured it out," I say smiling. Sure I like Travis, but he's obviously happy with Katie and they're just so cute!
"Hey!" Katie exclaims, pulling me out of my thoughts. I look up to see frosting smeared across her face.
"Oops," Travis says casually. Katie's eyes gleam with a mischievous glint before she leans over and gives Travis a big kiss on the cheek, effectively transferring a good portion of frosting to his face. Again, they're just so cute!