Jayce Moylan - CHB

Jayce
"Yeah! And there's a really super pretty girl, her name is Annabeth, and she helped me learn how to use this!" Cade exclaims, showing me a knife about the size of his arm and swinging it around a few times before putting it back in it's sheath. Woah. Why is this kid allowed to have this? He's like five. I wonder as the little guy in front of me leads me through camp.
"I wanna be just like her when I grow up, she's the best. Oh! And this is our cabin! Will says he's the leader of us Apollo kids, but I don't believe him. He's always in the Hades cabin making weird moaning noises with his boyfriend. What is a boyfriend? Does that mean Nico is his friend that's a boy? Hey! Do you wanna be my boyfriend?" Cade rambles. I almost choke at this.
"Um, yea, sure. I'll be your boyfriend," I say, not wanting to ruin this kid's innocence.
"Yay! Oh and there's this kid Lester, he says he's Apollo, and everyone else says so too, but he doesn't seem very Apolloish. He stays in the Zeus cabin with Jason. The other Zeus kid. But sometimes people say Jupiter. Sometimes you can here Jason telling Lester that he's a annoying motherf-"
"Really, I guess I have to meet this Lester guy sometime!" I interrupt before Cade can finish his sentence. What are these people doing to this poor child.
"Oh! And over there, that's Lara. She's a Athena kid. She likes growing olive trees. Other kids say she's weird, but I like her. But not when she tries to give me olives. And she's sisters with Annabeth. I like Annabeth. Hi Lara!" Cade rambles, running clumsily over to a girl who looks to be about my age, carefully inspecting a group of olive trees, clipboard in hand.
"This is my new big brother. His name is. What's your name again?" Cade asks.
"Jayce," I reply.
"Jayce. He's my boyfriend!" Cade exclaims. At this, my face turns bright red. Lara smiles, hiding a snicker behind her clipboard.
"Hi, I'm Lara, welcome to camp," she says.
"Who are we welcoming to camp?" A girl asks, walking around the corner.
"Annabeth!" Cade exclaims, immediately attaching himself to the girl's leg.
"Oof. Hi Cade," the girl, Annabeth greets.
"I'm Jayce. I'm the new Apollo camper," I tell her.
"Ah, Lester's spawn. I'm Annabeth, Athena's head counselor. Um. I'm sure Cade here is a wonderful guide and all, but where's Will? He's your head counselor," Annabeth states.
"Oh! He left with Nico! Piper said something about plowing, but I don't know why they're going somewhere private to plow. Not either of them are from Demeter," Cade says loudly. For the second time that day I almost choke. Lara's cheeks flush pink as well.
"Um. I guess it will forever be a mystery," Annabeth replies nervously.
"Will says that Percy plows you, so don't you know why you have to go to a private field? Is it because it's a secret plant?" Cade asks. This time it's Annabeth's turn to blush bright red.
"Uh-hum. Let's just say that there's some special seed that cums with plowing. Ask Will about it next time you see him," Annabeth says, flustered.
"Okay, I will! Hey, are you going to see Percy right now? If you are can I come too? I like Percy, he gets the horses to let me pet them," Cade exclaims, moving on.
"Actually I am, why don't you come with me and we can make Percy give you a special talk," Annabeth decides, picking up Cade.
"Lara, can you finish showing Jayce around camp while I do damage control?" Annabeth asks. Lara nods.
"What damage are you controlling?" Cade asks as Annabeth begins to walk off with him.
"So before we start, have you ever tried a raw olive?" Lara asks, thrusting a vegetable towards me. I sigh, this is going to be a very interesting experience.