Zöe Jackson

Zöe
"Let's go Sabers!" I shout up into the crowd waving my pom poms as the football team scores yet another touchdown, locking in the scores before half time. My mom had definitely been less then thrilled when I tried out for my school's cheer team, but Bianca wanted someone to try out with her and somehow, we both ended up on the varsity squad. We continue to shout into the crowd and I throw in a few back flips before the teams clear the field.
"Hey, has anyone seen Treyton?" Maci asks walking over to where Bianca and I are standing on the field with our water bottles. I immediately bristle at the mention of Treyton's name. Despite being a year older than Bianca and I, the twins have basically been our best friends since, ever. And yes, over the years, 'friends' might have developed into something more, but I digress.
"I haven't seen Kaden anywhere either," Madi adds joining us.
"You two are friends with them, where are they? They need to ask us to prom soon so we can start planning," Maci says. I raise an eyebrow and glance at Bianca. Of course these seniors would be after the hottest boys on the football team, but I thought it was common knowledge that Kaden was head over heels for Bianca. Treyton I couldn't speak for, but Kaden would most definitely be asking Bianca to prom, and most definitely would not be asking Madi.
"Prom isn't until April. It's October," Bianca states.
"So? We need time to find dresses, duh," Maci replies.
"Well, we don't know where they are, they're probably with the rest of the team," I tell them.
"Whatever," Madi says with a sigh before prancing off, Maci close behind.
"You- you don't think Kaden will, y'know, ask her, do you?" Bianca asks quietly.
"Bianca Alberta Solace-Diangelo, that boy is head over heels for you," I assure her.
"That's not even my middle name," She grumbles. Behind her I can see our two favorite football players running up to us as Bianca continues to stare at her feet.
"Sup Z, nice skirt," Treyton greets with a smirk, coming to stand by me. I glare at the boy, whacking him with a pom pom. He would make a comment like that. He's such a guy.
"Hey B, why so sad?" Kaden asks, throwing an arm around my best friend. Bianca looks up at her crush before wordlessly shrugging his arm off of her and walking away.
"Bianca!" I call out. She doesn't look back. Kaden looks at me alarmed.
"Translation?" He asks. I sigh.
"Maci and Madi want you two to ask them to prom," I explain to the two of them.
"Madi and Maci? Senior Madi and Maci? The ones over there, looking at us like we're meat, Madi and Maci?" Treyton asks. I look over to where Treyton is gesturing to see the two girls walking over determinedly.
"Yeah, them. GL," I say before attempting to escape the soon to be messy situation.
"Oh no you don't," Treyton says, grabbing my wrist and pulling me back. The force sends me slamming back into the boy, but Treyton just holds me there against his chest.
"Why are you. The way. That. You. Are." I complain.
"Kaden! Hi! I've been looking for you!" Madi exclaims when she reaches us.
"Treyton! And Zöe," Maci says, less than thrilled when she sees me.
"Um. I found them..." I tell the two as they continue to glower at me. The two seniors roll their eyes at me before turning their attention back to the boys.
"So, any idea who you're taking to prom?" Madi asks Kaden, batting her eyelashes. I cringe inwardly. Discretion girl. Discretion!
"Uh, Yeah actually. I do," Kaden tells her.
"Great! So what colors were you thinking? I thought yellow would look really hot with your hair," Madi begins to ramble.
"Uh, it's not you," Kaden states awkwardly. Madi's face turns stoney.
"Y'know, we better get back to the team, you know how coach can be," Treyton says before he and Kaden take off.
"Zöe, you don't have anything to do with that little scene, do you sweetie?" Maci asks turning to me. I open my mouth, then close it.
"Um, I really don't-"
"Listen. Treyton and Kaden are ours. And they always have been. You and Bianca need to step off. Like now," Madi orders. I glare at the two older girls.
"I've known Treyton and Kaden since before I could walk. I'm not breaking off my friendship with them because of two, petty seniors," I retort before storming off to find Bianca.