Austin Welsh - Caleo

Austin
I swing my locker closed and turn around to face my friends.
"Today's the day guys!" I announce, earning loud shouts and hollers in response. What was the occasion? I planned on going out with one of the hottest girls in school. Calypso Moonlace. Calypso was one of the most popular girls in school along with her friends Annabeth, Piper, and Hazel. I would date one of them too, but there was just something about Calypso's innocence that had me hooked.
"Go get 'er!" My bro Theo cheered. I smirk and saunter off to her locker to find her texting on a weird looking smart phone. With one quick swipe, I pluck the phone out of Calypso's hand so she can focus her attention on me. She looks up and glares at me.
"Excuse you," She snaps. I roll my eyes at her, deciding to let her attitude slide.
"So you wanna grab some coffee after school today? Cool, I'll pick you up at 4:00," I say confidently.
"Yeah, no. Definitely not," Calypso replies, stopping me before I walk away.
"What? Why?" I ask.
"My boyfriend is picking me up, duh," she snaps.
"Prove it," I say, narrowing my eyes at her. Calypso shrugs.
"Fine. He'll be here after school," she tells me. With that, she turns on her heel and joins her friends at the other end of the hall. Before I turn to go to my class, I see Annabeth and Piper turn to look at me. Piper glares daggers while Annabeth just smirks and shakes her head at me. I brush them off before you to class. I really hate geometry.

After class I wait anxiously by the parking lot with my friends. Calypso's squad finally exits the school and takes their usual spot at a picnic table in front of the school. I saunter over and stand over Calypso.
"So, why don't you ditch the guy and come with me?" I offer generously.
"No!" Calypso exclaims, wrinkling her nose in disgust. I frown and grab her arm.
"Calypso-" I'm cut off when a fist makes contact with my nose. I feel blood begin to trickle down from my nose and I look at her in shock. Just then, a line of cool looking sports cars drive into the parking lot. The cars are cool, I'll give them that, but it's the people who get out that are the real show stopper. A boy climbs out of each car, one with messy black hair, one with blonde, a Chinese boy, and a curly haired Latino boy. They all look vaguely familiar, but I finally recognize them as some of Goode High's most elite athletes. Percy Jackson, Jason Grace, Frank Zhang, and Leo Valdez. Annabeth, Piper, Hazel, and most importantly, Calypso, all run over to the four boys. Calypso wraps her arms around Leo Valdez and I storm over.
"Whoa there Sumshine, why's the dude bleeding?" Leo asks.
"Because he's an idiot," she replies innocently. I'm about to open my mouth to defend myself, but Leo speaks first.
"I didn't know idiocy caused people to just start bleeding spontaneously from the nose," he says dryly.
"I think it's a new phenomenon," Calypso replies straight faced.
"I still don't see why you're choosing him over me," I announce, glaring at Leo.
"Probably because I don't have blood running out of my face," Leo replies. I ignore him.
"I'm so much better then him," I say.
"Do you not know when to shut up?" Calypso asks, "I said no. That means I'm not interested. Do you not know that words?" Before I can reply, she turns her back on me and climbs into the car with Leo, driving off and leaving me to deal with the blood dripping down my face.