Princess

Mid century colonial on a quiet Elm line street. Three bedrooms, four bath, perfect for family. Plenty of storage and generous closet space... you will be happy here.

I stood next to Jughead across from Toni who had herself leaned against the locker by her arm. A loud bang rang through the hall and thrashing and thudding could be heard followed by brutal screams. Kids were grouping up near a classroom doorway watching the scene go down. A boy went to run by us, but Jughead pulled him to the side.

"Hey, what's going on?"

"The Gargoyles are mixing it up with the Poisons and the Farmies."

I glanced back at Toni before following after my brother with her behind me. "Is this a high school or a Roger Cormen movie?!" My brother exclaimed. He pushed past the watching kids leaving a trail for Toni and I to get through.

******************

"What do you three have to say for yourselves?" I don't know how we ended up here, standing in the principal's office like we were in trouble, like we're the ones who were fighting. "The fight had already started when we got there, sir," Toni went to explain. "We we're trying to break up the fight," Jughead added.

"Mr. and Misses Jones, Ms. Topaz, you're the leaders of your respective gangs, but today's brawl is only the most recent incident of gang activity at Riverdale high. Someone robbed the chemistry lab last night," Toni Jughead and I were all quick to share confused looks. "Someone robbed the lab?" I repeated questioningly "Thousands of dollars of equipment was taken. All of which could be used to cook drugs," Principal Weatherbee seemed to be staring specifically at Jughead and I.

"The Serpents don't cook, or steal," I retaliated "Neither do the Pretty Poisons," he stood up threateningly "One more strike. One more strike! And you're done in my school." I glared at the spectacle wearing older man. If school wasn't so important I'd be fine with not going to this school.

********************

"Hey Princess," I smiled brightly at the name as Sweet Pea pulled me into his warm embrace. "What's up, Kira?" I hated it when he did that, when he just knew if something was wrong. "Nothing you gotta worry bout," he sent me a look causing me to sigh. "Don't give me that look," I whined. "What look?" I could feel my eyes narrow at him "That I'm-not-stupid-tell-me look," he mimicked my actions narrowing his eyes back at me.

"I don't have an I'm-not-stupid-tell-me look."

"Yeah you do Sweets."

"Well then come on princess I'm not stupid tell me."

I groaned at my boyfriend and plopped down onto my bed. "I just don't think I agree with this whole Gargoyle plan," before he could respond Jellybean walked in and fell down onto her bed. She rolled over to us and sent Sweet Pea a glare. "No boys in here!" she exclaimed. "Well what if he's sleeping with me," I retorted to my sister with a teasing arched eyebrow. "Nah, you're to goodie goodie two shoes for that," I stuck my tongue out at her and she mimicked my actions causing Sweet Pea to laugh.

"Well you heard the lady," Sweet Pea sighed and sat down next to me on my bed. He caressed my cheek and pulled me into a delicate kiss. I beamed as I pulled away "Love you,babe." "Love your princess," he stood up and walked out while I watched him sadly. I turned to Jellybean who was faking a gag.