5

"We have four days left," Five said as he sat on the edge of Diego's bed. Y/n was curled up behind him still sleeping off her drunken state. "We could've held you stopped this thing," Five shook his head and looked down at his hands. "You already tried, so there would be no point in asking you for help," Luther cocked an eyebrow as he looked at his brother. "What do you mean?" Five pursed his lips as he rubbed his hands together. "You guys died... in the apocalypse," Luther's eyes widened at his statement.

"We died?" Five nodded as a sad sigh left his lips, "Horribly." Luther couldn't believe what he was hearing and honestly didn't want to believe it at first. "You were together, trying to stop whatever was causing this... but the damage was done," "Wait how do you know this?" Five sighed and pulled something out of his blazer pocket. It was the prosthetic eye he had held onto for so long. "This was clutched in your dead hand," He said as he gave the eye to Luther.

Luther asked questions as he examined the eye and Five did his best to answer them, but even he didn't have the answers to all of them. Luther gave the eye back to his brother and the two were left in a sad silence until a light whine could be heard from, Y/n. The two looked at her as they watched her sleep.

"You never did tell me how you met her, to be honest, I don't even think I know her name," Five chuckled, "Her name is Y/n, I met her while I was getting chased by some assassins who are after me. I told her she knew too much so she had to come with me, but in reality, I knew she was strong and that she could help me,"

"Strong? How?" Five turned away from Y/n and faced Luther again, "For starters, she has a very high bloodlust, two her power is really strong. It's almost scary," "Powers? She has powers?" Five nodded and began to explain the girl's powers to him. Luther felt like his head was going to explode with all the information he was taking in.

"Maybe you should turn he-" Diego busted through the door mumbling something. Y/n jolted awake and grabbed onto Five's arm. "Do you have any idea what you just did!" Diego growled as he tried to lunge at Five. Y/n pulled him back and released her strings to attach to Diego, but Luther held him back from the boy and his friend. "I'll do this until you calm down," Diego stopped fighting against Luther, "Fine, I'll stop," Luther let him go, but Y/n still held onto Five keeping her guard up. "Now do you wanna tell us what you're talking about?" Luther asked.

"Our brother has been pretty busy since he's gotten back. First the shoot out at griddys, then at the gimble brothers after the guys in masks attacked the academy looking for you," He said pointing at Five. Then he looked at Y/n and pointed at her, "And these masked men could be after her too and he's just keeping her along," Y/n glared at Diego and raised her hand, but Five quickly pushed it back down and looked at her. "It's okay, I got this." Y/n nodded and focused her attention back on Diego and Luther. "All of which is none of your concern," "Well it now. They killed my friend," Luther turned to the two teens and raised his eyebrows. "Well. Who are they?"

"They work for my former employer," Five sighed. "A woman called The Handler. She sent them to come get me." He explained looking at the two. "But as soon as Diego's friend got in their way. fair game," "Well now they're my fair game, and I'm gonna make sure they pay." Y/n shook her head at Diego's foolishness. "That would be a mistake, Mr. Leather boy. If they were almost successful in killing me, I highly doubt that killing someone like you would be hard," Diego didn't listen to the younger's words and marched his way out of his apartment-like home. "We'll see about that," Was all he said before he slammed the door shut.

Luther turned to Five, "What's this really about Five? And don't give me any of the it's none of your business crap," Five sighed, "It's a long story," Luther sat down on a stool and signaled the boy to explain everything. Five started to explain his experience in the future, and how The Handler helped him during a hard time by giving him a job. He explained how he became the best assailant know to man, how he was almost going to kill President Kennedy that day. He explained it all. Leaving Luther stunned beyond belief and Y/n with a smile on her face.

Luther got up from his seat, made sandwiches for Y/n and Five, and gave them a cup of water to share since he couldn't find another cup for Y/n. "So you're a hitman?" He asked as he handed the plates to the teens. Y/n shook her head and pushed the plate back to Luther indicating she didn't want it. He didn't take 'no' for an answer and placed the plate next to her. "No code. We took out everyone that messed with the timeline," Luther sat back down and looked at Five with a look of disappointment and fear in his eyes.

"Even innocent people?" "There's no innocent when it comes to time. It was the only way I could get back here," "But that's murder!" Y/n rolled her eyes and Five sighed. "Jesus, Luther, grow up. We're not kids anymore, there's no such thing as good guys and bad guys. There's just people who live their lives," Five told his brother. Luther's face faltered at his brother's harsh words, but Five continued to speak. Once he was finished with his little spiel there was a tense silence.

"Time changes everything," Five sighed. Luther sighed and nodded his head. "Well, I'm gonna go. I need to get some air, I'll be back in a few minutes." Luther said as he got up from his stool and made his way out of the living complex. Once Luther was out of sight, Five sighed and glanced at the sandwich on his plate. Y/n didn't say anything but just examined Deigo's small place.

"You need to eat," Y/n turned to Five who was looking at her. "Your sandwich, you need to eat." "I'm not hungry," Y/n mumbled as she shook her head. "I don't care. You need to eat," Y/n shook her head. "I said I'm not hungry," "And I said I don't care," Five said as he pushed her plate towards her.

"Why do you care, huh? You don't even want me here," Y/n said as she went back to her side of the bed. She laid back down facing away from Five. "Oh come on Y/n don't be like that," "Leave me alone," Five sighed and placed the plates of food on a nearby table. He knew why, Y/n was mad at him, yet at the same time he was confused on why she tried to protect him when Diego almost lunged at him. He felt bad now, and he didn't like the feeling.

"Y/n come on, I'm sorry," He said as he put his hand on her shoulder. She didn't budge, she stayed on her side and faced the wall. "You're just saying that because you want to use me for my powers," She pouted. Five sighed, "I didn't mean any of that, okay? I was just mad and I took it on you." Y/n still didn't believe him but turned on her back to face him.

"You have to prove to me that you're sorry,"

(So how are y'all enjoying the rewrite? Don't forget to vote and leave a comment. Have a wonderful day 💖)