4

"What the hell happened here?" Y/n coughed as she helped Five up. "Hazel and Cha-cha were one step ahead," "Well you better hope that safe is fireproof, or there goes your lead," Five sighed and walked off.

"Hey, where are you going? Wait up!" Y/n jogged after the boy who was too angry at everything to say anything. "Five talk to me, what's up? What are we doing?" "Will you shut up! My god, do you have to ask about everything I do?" Five snapped.

"Well, I wouldn't have to ask if you just told me! I get you're mad but what's the point of taking it out on me! I'm the one who's been trying to help you this whole time!" Y/n snapped back as tears treated to spill from her eyes. She hated fighting and she didn't want Five to leave her. He was all she had. "I don't need your help! The only reason you're tagging along with me is to keep hazel and Cha-cha from killing you! You're just slowing me down!"

Y/n felt her heart drop. She couldn't say anything, and if she could she didn't want to. "Oh... Okay," Five sighed and walked off. Y/n watched him, unsure to walk. She sighed and followed him from afar to give him his space. Five went back to his van to grab his beloved Delores and a bottle of his favorite liquor.

Y/n continued to follow him until they reached the library. Five walked around taking sips of his bottle while grabbing books and a marker to study. He made his way to the elevator and sat down to study. He took out a small book he had in his pocket and began to write stuff down occasionally mumbling stuff to himself. Soon he had gone down half the bottle and was starting to hiccup and slur. Y/n noticed his behavior and instantly took the bottle away from him.

"Hey, that's my bottle!" He slurred trying to grab it back. He tripped on his foot and fell on the floor. "You're drunk, Five. Let's just go," "No! I'm not done yet. I only have a couple more days left, I need to figure out what causes the apocalypse," Y/n sighed and glanced at the liquor bottle.

She swished around the bottle, watching the amber-colored liquid inside. "Fuck it," She said before she unscrewed the cap and took a large swig of the liquor. It stung as it traveled down her throat, causing her to cringe. She glanced at Five who was still writing out equations and speaking to his doll. She looked at that doll and stared at it.

"He treats a damn doll better than me," She said before taking another large swig of the amber liquid. She could feel her body tingle from the alcohol but continued to drink it, downing her sorrow's. "I probably have Jim and Clyde looking for me right now," She whined as she continued to drink.

Once she had finished the rest of the bottle her body felt heavy and she could barely stand up. "Hey, Five whatcha' workin' on?" Y/n slurred as she sat down next to the boy. "Equations," He said as he started to write on the wall. "Five I'm so tired," She said making herself comfortable, "I'm gonna lay my head here for a bit," Y/n groggily said as she laid her head on Five's shoulder. She closed her eyes and relaxed her body on Five. He didn't flinch and continued to write out equations on the concrete pillar next to him.

Along with Y/n, Five started to feel his eyes grow heavy and his body feel limp. A loud yawn left his mouth and his vision began to go in and out as he still continued to solve and write equations. He couldn't take it anymore and sleep quickly over took him.

The two teens slept as people walked past them and said things like, "Where are their parents?" "Is that little girl holding an alcohol bottle?" "They're so cute,"
"I'm gonna call 911," Five and Y/n continued to sleep through the noise not moving an inch.

☔︎☔︎☔︎

"Anything?" Luther asked as Diego and him searched the library for their brother. Diego muttered a quick no as he looked over the balcony of the library floor. "You wanna know why I left?" "What?" Luther asked as he turned around. " Why I left the Academy," Luther shrugged. "Because you couldn't handle me being Number One,"

"No, because that's what you do when you're 17. You move out and become you're own person. You grow up," "Oh yeah, because you're a real grown up," Luther scoffed. "At least I make my own decisions. You've never had to hold down a job, pay bills. Matter of fact, have you ever even bern with a girl?" Luthers eyes slightly widened at the sudden question. Making Diego chuckled.

"Look, you can blame me and the others for leaving. I don't care, but maybe you're asking yourself the wrong questions," Diego said as he looked up to Luther. "Maybe it's not about why we left. Maybe it's about why you stayed." "I stayed because the world needed me," Diego shook his head and an unamused smirk spread on his face.

"Or maybe it was because you just couldn't let go. The Academy, dad, Allison. Well dad is dead now, so is mom. We're orphans again dude, things are never gonna go back to the way they used to," Luther scoffed and rolled his eyes at his brothers "deep" spiel about family problems.

A group of women talking could be heard as the elevator dinged. Diego followed the voices untill it brought him to his passed out brother and friend. "Are they?" "Yup, drunk as a skunk," Luther sighed and facepalmed. "Okay you get, Y/n. I'll get Five," "You know this girl?" Luther shrugged and nodded. "Yeah she's Five's friend. Kinda crazy if you ask me," Diego shrugged and scooped Y/n up in his arms.
"Let's go," Diego said as Y/n groaned and squirmed in his arms.

§

"Five? Where's Five?" Y/n slurred as she woke up in Diego's arms. "He's with Luther," Y/n nodded and went quiet. Loud drunken sobs began to erupt from her as she buried her face into Diego's chest. "Five yelled at me! She slurred. "He's not my friend and is only keeping me to not get me killed," She cried.
Diego turned back to Luther only to see him shrug.

"I'm sure he didn't mean it like that. Our brother tends to say things he doesn't mean," Y/n sniffled and nodded. All the noise Y/n was making woke up Five making him hiccup which grabbed Luther's immediate attention. "You better not puke on me!"

"You know what's funny? I'm going through puberty again. Who would have thought," Five continued to mutter drunken words which annoyed his brothers extremely.

"Two masked intruders came looking for you. So I need you to focus and tell us who they are." Diego said as he walked with Y/n sleeping in his arms. "Oh Hazel and Cha-cha," "You know I hate code names," Five played with the shirt that covered Delores. "Oh they're the best of the best. Besides me of course," "Best of what?"

Five began to go off topic as he played with Delores's shirt. "Hey!" Diego snapped. Y/n jolted awake in his arms. "I need you to focus. What do these Hazel and Cha-cha want?" Five stared at Diego as a drunk smiled spread on his face. "We just want to protect you two," Five rolled his eyes. "I don't need your protection, neither does Y/n. She's literally a psychotic puppet master!" He laughed as he looked at Y/n in Diego's arms.

Y/n giggled at Five's words. "The apocalypse is coming," He said before he barfed on the pavement. Luther and Diego rolled their eyes.

"We're so fucked,"