17²

"Well, this is the place," Five pursed his lips as he scratched the back of his neck. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go get that damn briefcase and go home," Y/n said as she walked inside the pub. The sound of Irish jig tunes and patrons chatting with the strong smell of craft beers and peanuts lingered in the air. The three looked around the bar trying to find their target. "Well, there I am," Five said as he made contact with his older self. "Why don't we just grab the briefcase and run?" Luther dumbly suggested. "Luther, I would never let that happen," Five said wishing it could just be that easy. Five began to explain how they had to be careful with the situation because five could be blipped from existence if something went wrong.

"you just itched your neck," Luther pointed out. "I did not itch my neck," "Denial is stage one," Y/n smirked. "I am fine, okay?" Five defended. "Let's stay on task shall we," Five was about to go up to his older self but was stopped by Luther. "Maybe, I should go first," He suggested. "Well, you'll freak him out. Bumping into your tiny doppelganger? He'll lose his shit," "You know, for once I actually agree with Luther on this one," FIve agreed and took a couple of deep breaths as he shook his hands to try and get rid of any jitters he had. Y/n stood next to him and had her hand placed on his shoulder giving soft rubs to help ease his nerves.

The two watched Luther talk to the older Five as they stood behind. Luther had finally given Five the signal and that's his cue to reveal himself to his, well, himself. "Hey there, stranger," Five's older self was shocked. "We should get a bigger table," Y/n suggested as she pulled out a chair from a nearby table. "Well, this is nice isn't it?" Luther sighed with a fake smile. "Four of us, together like this," Y/n looked between the two versions of Five and glanced at Luther. "Somebody explain to me how I'm having a pint of Guinness with my younger self," "Older, actually," Five corrected. "I'm you, just 14 days older," "I have pubic hairs smarter than you," Y/n let out a stifled chuckle and quickly tried to hide it by sipping on the water in front of her.

"You see, one hour from now, on the grassy knoll, before the president is killed, you break your contract with the commission," Five explained. He continued to tell his 'younger' older self what he was going to try and attempt and how it goes wrong. "Even if I was to believe you, what am I supposed to do about it, not jump?" "No, no. I need you to jump. If you don't jump I cease to exist. What I need from you is to jump correctly," Five said as he keep his intense glare. "When I jumped, I go the calculations wrong. That's how I ended up in this body, But now I know the correct calculation," "What is it?" Five's interest glare contorted into a smug smile. "I'd be happy to share," Five started. "In exchange for that briefcase you're holding under the table," Five kept his glare on himself.

"Yeah, so you go back to 2019, as planned, but this time with the right math, so you remain a full-grown man," I said going over the initial plan. "In exchange, we get that briefcase that you no longer need," "Timeline restored, paradox resolved," 'younger' Five commented. "Everyone goes on existing happily ever after," Five adds. "That's quite a bit to take in," There was a very small silence before Five spoke up. "What do you think?" He did not speak. He just glanced between the party. "I think..." He finally spoke up. "I need to piss," Y/n sighed and rolled her eyes. He picked up the briefcase and walked off. I turned to Five who was absolutely drenched in sweat. "Oh, baby," Y/n grabbed a napkin and began to dab the large beads of sweat growing on Five's forehead. "I honestly think that went pretty well, don't you agree?" "Something doesn't feel right about this," Y/n and Luther's faces contorted into confusion.

"What do you mean?" Luther questioned. "I don't trust him," "But he's you, baby," Y/n said as she fixed his hair. "Exactly," Y/n and Luther exchanged glances. "I'm gonna go check on him," Luther got up from his seat and went to the bathroom. Y/n grabbed Five's hand and rubbed the backside. He was tense, very tense. The two waited in silence. "Jesus, they're taking forever,"

☔︎☔︎☔︎

Five he's not looking at you, it's okay," Y/n treasure as she held onto her boyfriend's hand. She continued to reassure him as they walked because the paranoia was taking its effects. The older Five had finally wandered further ahead leaving Luther with Five and Y/n. "Hey, brother. How you doin'?" Luther asked with a fake smile on his face. "He's gonna kill me, isn't he?" Luther began to panic. "What?" He scoffed as he tried to think of something on the spot. "That's ridiculous," He chuckled. "You are a terrible liar, Luther," Five said. The two began to go back and forth on how the older Five was not doing anything harmful, he was simply putting this version of Five out of his misery. "But I am that version of me," Five gritted through his teeth.

"Luther," Y/n said as she looked at the boy. "If you or that old sack of shit so as much lay a finger on Five, You better hope that he kills you too, or so help me I will kill you. And we know you wouldn't want that," Y/n said as she looked at the monstrous man. "Hey, I don't love it either, but you have to admit he has a pretty good plan," "What? The plan where you guys off me and then jump to 2019 to save the world?" Luther was taken aback at how Five was able to perfectly guess his and the older five's plan. "Because, I'm him, and that's exactly what I would do if I were trying to kill me!" "Look, all I know is we have one Five too many and you're the one acting like a maniac," Five eyes widened as he let out a scoff.

"Maniac? Luther, you have seen nothing. If you want a maniac, I will show you a maniac," Luther was now scared of the boy, but still, put his foot down. "Listen, as your spotter, I think the best thing I can do for you right now is put you out of your misery," Five sighed and Y/n rolled her eyes. "Okay, listen, Luther. I know your feeble mind only responds to age and authority, so listen very closely," Five said as he clutched onto Luther. "Yet again, you are experiencing daddy issues. This time with your own brother which is honestly making me a bit crazy," Y/n stared at the two weirded out. "But remember this: I am 14 days older than him, so it is me you should be listening to. I'm the daddy here!" He shouted out.

Y/n let out a loud laugh and Five instantly turned to her. "Five please, you're being unseemly. Look at you," Five was constantly scratching his skin and wiping his forehead that continued to perspire. "I admit there is a possibility that I may not be in my fully... right mind right now," "It did not take a blind man to see that, Five," Y/n said as she looked at the boy. "But whatever I've got, he's got it too," The quartet had finally arrived at their destination. Luther had now become aware that the other Five were also experiencing paradox psychosis.

"See? What's your plan now, bucko?"

(Guys don't forget to check out my other Five Hargreeves book! I also may or may not be having another one in the works☂︎)