"That didn't go well," "No, Diego, I think it went splendidly," Y/n remarked in a sarcastic tone as she sat down on the park bench. "Not our best work," Five sighed as he sat down next to Y/n. "You alright?" Allison asked Luther. "I don't know yet," Luther sighed as she stared at the ground. "I've just never had my ass handed to me like that. It's like... Here you go. It's your ass," Y/n let out a stifled laugh. "Okay, I think Luther's concussed," "Luther how many fingers?" Klaus asked as he held up his hand. "Oh my god. Vanya," Luther gasped as he realized his sister was not in sight.

"Oh, thank God you're alive," Vanya panted as she joined everyone. "Apparently, so is Ben," "Yeah, and he's a complete dickhead," Allison added. "They're all dickheads," "Dickheads who can fight," Luther reminded. "Okay, next person to say dickhead is getting a punch to the throat," Five threatened. "Dickhead," Everyone said in unison. "Dickhead," Y/n giggled as she kissed him on the cheek. "Hey, did Dad tell you why he was calling them his kids?" Diego asked Klaus. "He sure did, you ready?" Klaus scoffed. "Dad was so repulsed by us back in Texas, that he adopted an entirely different group of children. Just so he didn't have to raise

"I knew your dad was an asshole, but damn, that's over the top," Y/n said. "That's just peak Dad," Diego added. "So he just didn't want us anymore?" Vanya asked. "Did he ever?" Allison countered. "See, I told you we shouldn't have asked him for help in '63," Luther said in an, "I told you so" tone. "I think you're all missing the big picture here," Five started. "Dad didn't adopt us as kids, he changed the timeline. So who knows what else is different now," "Shouldn't you know?" Allison asked. "Sorry, Allison, but it might take me more than 20 minutes, and a traumatic brain injury to figure this all out. Is that okay with you?" Five said not in the mood to deal with his sibling's ungratefulness.

"No, it's not actually," "Then why don't you go figure it out?" Y/n remarked. "Guys, look, it's fine," Vanya intervened. "We still have the commission's briefcase, so worst case is we can just go back in time and fix it," Klaus agreed and FIve sighed knowing he would have to burst their shortly-lived bubble. "There are two problems with that statement. First off, time travel is a complicated thing people-" "Yeah we get it, your job is so hard. Just...what?" Diego interrupted. "And secondly... I no longer have the briefcase," He sighed. "Five, where the hell is that briefcase?" Five did not answer and let out a small tch. "Well this is great," Diego groaned.

"Look at it this way, we already know where the briefcase is located, so we can just go to the academy and look for it," Y/n spoke up trying to be optimistic. "I mean it's only been like what? Twenty minutes? There's no place it could have gone," "Yeah, Y/n's right...surprisingly," Diego agreed. Y/n shot him a glare and rolled her eyes. "Until then let's just figure out a plan," Everyone agreed and got up from their resting places and began to walk. The heptad strolled through central park with no special endpoint in mind and no plan on how to move forward. "What are we doing?" Allison asked as she continued to tread. "Ruminating," Five answered nonchalantly.

"Why is everyone staring at us?" Klaus asked as he felt people's eyes on him as he walked. "Because we look like the damn village people lost a fight," Diego answered as he took Klau's cowboy hat off. "Okay you know what I need to go find Claire," "Allison, no," Vanya insisted that they all find somewhere safe to patch up their wounds before going off to find the woman's daughter. "Man, I hate those guys," Luther ranted as he looked at the banners of the Sparrow Academy that decorated the buildings of New York. "Look at 'em with their...stupid smug...s...sm...smugness," Luther weakly insulted. "You tell 'em, Luther," Y/n said as she patted the large man on the arm. "But honestly, what are we doing? Because we can't stand here and keep bleeding out into his park," Allison asked as he looked at everyone else.

"I don't know, but we better gear up fast before they come for round two," Diego agreed. "What, you scared McDonald's happy meal is gonna come back and kick your ass again?" Y/n lightly chuckled. Diego flipped her off as he told his siblings how if he were them he would come back for a rematch. "Yeah, we did break into their hour," "Our house," Allison corrected Klaus. "Bust up all their nice antiques and shit," Klaus continued. "Yeah, I don't think the crime-fighting super nerds are gonna let that go," Luther insulted. "Hey, that was better. Good job," Y/n smiled. "Let's just think of someplace off the radar where we can lie low and not draw attention." Five said.

"What kind of weird ass place are we not gonna draw attention?" Diego asked making everyone try and think of a place they knew that was inconspicuous. Everyone turned to Klaus who had a good deal of information on where to hide.

☔︎☔︎☔︎

"Move out the way!" "I can't!" "We all don't need to be squeezed.." Everyone fussed as they tried to enter the building through one entrance. "Oh Hotel Obsidian. I missed you, you slutty old dame," Klaus gushed as he walked into the lobby of the hotel. "Absorb her. Absorb her into your bosom," Y/n chuckled at her friend's choice of words. "You know, 'cause back in her heyday, she played host to world leaders," Klaus named all the people that had stepped foot into the hotel they were now standing in. "And not one, but two Kardashians, allegedly," Allison let out a sigh of disinterest and walked off to go make a call. "Nowadays, she's just a flophouse, a party house for those of us not looking to be judged by society's rules and norms," "You mean a place to hide?' Luther asked trying to make Klaus get to the point.

"Exactly! It's perfect. And the best part of it is, she's going to look after us, no questions asked," He signaled us to go to the front desk with him to book rooms for everyone. "Chet! Mon frere!" Klaus gasped as he saw the front desk personnel. "It's so great to see you. I'd like my usual suite, por favor," The man looked unamused as he walked up to the desk. "I've never seen you," He said in a monotone voice. "See, discreet," "Please stop scaring my dog," He told Diego and Luther wo were petting the dog that was perched on a pillow. "We need some rooms, please," Vanya told the man.

"Super, and how will we be paying today?" He asked as he placed a 'Cash up front' sign on the desk counter. "Everyone empty your pockets," Luther told everyone as they realised they had no cash. Everyone held up their hands showcasing what they had. Klaus had condoms, Diego had his dagger, Vanya had peppermints, Five had bits of trash, and Y/n had her revolver, a ring, and a small wad of cash. "Why do you have a gun?" Luther asked as he looked at the girl. "Why do you have a hairnet?" Luther shrugged his shoulders. They did not have anything that had much of value they would be willing to forfit. "Here," Luther took of his leather watch and handed it to the man. "How does this get us?"

Chet inspected the watch and nodded to himself. He went to the key wall and grabbed two keys. "Two rooms," He said placing the keys on the countertop. "Mazel tov," Klaus grabbed one keey and ALliso grabbed the other. "All right," She sighed.

"Let's brady bunch this bitch,"