18²

"The briefcase," Y/n breathed. "it's right there," Five finished. "No, you won't be able to get it in time," Luther warned. "Of course, we will, I can just use my power," Y/n argued. "This is our only chance," "Just a refresher, but what was the final stage of paradox psychosis again?" Luther asked. "Homicidal rage," Y/n smiled. Luther nodded. "Wait," It had hit him. His brother was experiencing homicidal rage and his girlfriend was going to encourage it. "Five, Y/n, listen to me. I..." It was too late. The two teens began to approach the old man, but before they had got to him he had spacial jumped behind them. "Bad Idea, idiots," He said as he had his gun aimed at the two.

Luther was fed up and snatched the other Five's gun away from him. "Stop it! All right? All of you. Pull it together. Kennedy is going to be coming around that corner any minute. Okay so, everyone, let's take a deep breath," He said taking a breath. Everyone copied him reluctantly. "Now we're all family here, even Y/n. So can we just try to get along for a few minutes?" The three glanced at each other. Y/n took a step back and Five looked at his doppelganger and back at Luther. "You want it?" "Go ahead," Five kicked Luther between his legs and began to fight with his doppelganger while Y/n watched. Every time Luther tried to interject, they would kick him again.

Y/n just watched getting bored of watching the two fight. Luther was finally fed up and grabbed the gun off the pavement and took his aim, switching between the two. "Shoot him!" "No Luther shoot him," The two shouted. "Luther you better make the right choice or I'll kill you," Y/n said nonchalantly. Luther paused. He took the butt of the gun and bashed the other Five in the face causing him to black out. "Start the portal now!" Luther told Five. The boy began to channel his energy into making the portal. The doppelganger began to gain consciousness and Y/n noticed. "Luther, he's waking up," Luther pointed the gun at him.

"Don't you even think about it," "Into the vortex you go, asshole!" Five shouted. "Fine, but give me the math. So I don't end up looking like tiger beat over here," Five told him to stand closer to the vortex and he'd exchange the information. "It was a typo," Five stated. He began to tell himself about how they had placed the decimal in the incorrect spot. "It should be zero point five seven," Five was about to enter the vortex until a fire extinguisher flew through the hole and hit Luther in the head causing him to pass out. "Don't even think about it you old far," Y/n said as she attached her strings to the case. Older FIve grabbed it and tried to pry it out of her hold, but could not.

"Five!" Luther called out. "It's shrinking!" Y/n and the old Five continued to fight until Luther kicked the old man into the shrinking vortex causing Y/n's strings to detach and the case to fly. Right, when the vortex closed it took half of the case with it. "We did it!" Five sighed in disappointment as he saw the now ruined briefcase. "The briefcase you idiot," Five groaned and Y/n sighed. "Hey! A Thank you for preserving your existence would be nice," "Didn't you conspire to kill him 15 minutes ago?" Y/n questioned snarkily. "Guys! Guys! Here he comes," The three peered over the picket fence to see Reginald. "Diego," They all mumbled in unison. It was too late. Kennedy had still died.

☔︎☔︎☔︎

"The authorities are asking for help identifying several persons of interest at the Dealey Plaza at the time of the assassination," The news reporter said. "The FBI believes they may have been acting in concert with the alleged shooter, Lee Harvey Oswald," The five continued to watch the television in silence. "Vanya Hargreeves. Wanted in connection with the deaths of several FBI agents inside the federal building at Dealey Plaza," The reporter said as he s/owed a mugshot of Vanya. "A Cuban exile known only as Diego who recently escaped from Holbrook Sanitarium," Y/n glanced at the man next to her. "A bare-knuckle boxer with suspected Mafia ties who fights under the alias "King Kong"," Y/n let out a sigh as well as Luther.

"Allison Chestnut, a Negro radical responsible for instigating and organizing the recent riots at Stadtler's lunch counter," Allison rolled her eyes whilst scoffing as she heard what the press had said about her. "And finally, Klaus, the controversial cult leader, and tax evader," Y/n let out a breathy chuckle. "Jesus, did any of you guys not do anything while we were stuck here?" "The FBI is asking the public to be on the lookout for these two unidentified children. Who they believe is being held hostage by the suspected terrorist network," Y/n let out a laugh as she saw the photo the man had shown. It was her and Five peering over the picket fence during the assassination. "Well it's true," Five spoke up. "I do feel like I'm being held hostage most days,"

the other made comments about the false news report. "Well, the good news is that we restored the timeline and we stopped doomsday," Luther said with optimism. "Yeah, a bunch of real goddamn heroes," Diego commented. "We let Kennedy die," "And now we're officially the most wanted people in the world," Allison added. "Who's we?" Y/n asked. "Speak for yourself," Klaus rented the room and joined in on the conversation giving them ideas where they could hide out. "Hey numbnuts," Five interjected. "Hidings not gonna make a difference here. The commission will hunt us down wherever and whenever we go," "he's right, they'll never stop," Diego added.

Five and Y/n turned to the long-haired man with looks of confusion on their face. "I'm sorry since when were you a commission expert?" "Since I got back," Y/n scoffed. "How is it that batman on a budget was able to go to the commission before me?" "Because they offered me a job," Five was still in disbelief. "They headhunted you? The village idiot," "What, am I not allowed to be headhunted?" Diego queried. "No, you're just so stupid there would be no reason for you to be headhunted," Y/n remarked. Diego went on to say he was able to find out how doomsday started because he used the infinite switchboard. "You used the infinite switchboard?" "Hell yeah, I made that machine my bitch! Ya'll need to recognize I got shit going on ya'll don't even know about,"

Diego continued to tell Five what he did at the commission. Everyone began to put in their two cents and a big argument erupted. "I'm leaving," Vanya interrupted as she looked at all of them. "What? To go where?" Allison asked. "Sissy's farm. Something's wrong with Harlan and I need to help him," "Vanya, we need to stick together, okay? Now more than ever," Luther told her. 'That's why I'm telling you this," She said as she looked at everyone. "Whatever's going on with Harlan, I think I might have caused it," "How?" Y/n asked. He drowned and somehow I was able to bring him back to life, and now it's like we're connected," Y/n glanced to the others as they too were confused. "Harlan needs my help, and I need your help, too," She told them. "I'm scared. And for the first time in my life, I don't want to do it alone. I want my family by my side,"

Diego inched closer to her. "I'm sorry, We have other priorities right now," He apologized. "Diego's right. For once" Five spoke up. Y/n glanced at him. She did not agree. She wanted to go help Vanya with Harlan. Vanya glanced at everyone, who could not look her in the eyes. Only solidifying that they were not going to help. "Well, all right," She sighed. I'll see you when I see you," She walked outside, leaving the others inside. Everyone was silent. Klaus sighed and got up and quickly followed. "We have to go help her," Y/n spoke up. "Who knows what she's getting herself into, we need to go with her," Nobody said anything making Y/n tch and go follow after Klaus before it was too late.

"Well, If she's going, I'm going too," Five said as he followed. The others all caved and followed in suit. "I knew you'd do the right thing," Y/n smiled at Five before she opened the car door. "Y/n, Five, you don't have to do this," Vanya said as she saw Y/n open the door. "We know," Five said. "You owe us one," He smiled. Y/n looked at Klaus who was sitting in the front seat. "Children in the back," Klaus let out a breathy chuckle and jumped in the back seat. Y/n and Five crammed and glanced at Vanya. "Guys I don't know what to say," The back of the car opened and Luther climbed inside causing the back of the car to sink.

"If anyone makes a fat joke I'm outta here,"