Prologue

"I want that one please," The owner of the pawnshop looked at, Y/n with a confused look as he saw what she was pointing at. "That white revolver?" He asked as he looked through his glass case. "Yep! I need a new one since my parents lost my old one," She nodded as she leaned on the counter.

"Well, it's pretty pricey, miss. Are you sure you wanna buy it?" Y/n glanced at all the other guns in the case and looked back at the man. "I'm positive, how much money we talkin'?" The man sighed, "The original price is $600, but I'll bump it down to $400 since you're so determined to get it," Y/n shook her head and reached in her backpack. She pulled out a small black gun and a wad of cash.

"Now I only have $300, but I also have this pistol here that's in excellent condition. Do you think I could trade you this for $200 to pay the rest of the price?" The man looked at the gun, Y/n slid on the counter and the small wad of cash next to it. "Yeah, we can make an arrangement, let me go grab you some spare bullets I have in the back," The man said as he disappeared into to back.

The man came back with a small box of bullets for the gun. "Here you go," Y/n took the box of bullets and placed them in her bag. "And here is your gun. Now be careful, don't go causing too much trouble with it, and if you need it to be repaired I'll be here,"

Y/n smiled at the man as she took the gun from his old hands. She placed the gun in the bag along with the bullets.

"Thank you for your business kind sir," Y/n smiled as she waved the man goodbye. She left the store with a smile on her face and a new gun for her collection. She was walking down the street when she saw a crowd up ahead. 

"It wouldn't hurt to see what's the ruckus about," She mumbled as she made her way to the crowd. Police cars were scattered around and people were murmuring as they looked at the bank. Y/n made her way to the front and watched the whole scene unfold.

A man flew out the window causing everyone to panic and scream. Once the screams had dialed down everyone waited patiently for something to happen. The silence was tense and the only thing that could be heard were people murmuring and the sounds of cameras.

The silence was broken by a group of kids filing out of the bank. They stood outside the bank doors looking at everyone as reporters took videos and pictures of them. They didn't say anything, nor did they wave, they just stood at the entrance of the bank and looked around. Y/n watched all the kids look around until she was nudged out of the way by someone.

A man in a trench coat and a top hat joined the kids on the stairs and turned to everyone.

"The world has changed, and there live people living among us with special abilities far beyond ordinary. I have adopted 6 children of such sorts, I give you the inaugural class." He introduced as he stepped to the side to display the kids to the people.

"The Umbrella Academy!"