12²

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Y/n questioned as the two stood outside a building on 1624 Magnolia Street. "This may be the only time I get to talk to the man. Even if it is a setup, I need to see for myself," Y/n sighed and placed her hand on Five's cheek, her thumb lightly caressing his skin. "I can tell you're scared," Five lightly scoffed as he looked her in the eyes. "I'm terrified," "You're not going alone, I'll be right by your side," A smile graced Five's face as she stared into his lover's eyes. "Come on, we should get going," Y/n sighed as she detached her hand from his face.

The two walked inside the building and found an elevator to get them to their designated floor. While the two waited for their elevator, Y/n took a hold of Five's hand. The elevator doors opened and the two walked in while Five pressed the button for the floor. The doors were about to close, but a hand stopped them. The doors revealed Diego, the last person the two "teens" had expected to see. A small smile spread across Y/n's lips. Just then Allison walked into the elevator followed by Klaus and Vanya. The last one to join the party was Luther.

"Good, we're all here," Five smiled. The elevator doors closed sealing everyone in the tiny box. "See, I told you there was nothing to worry about," Y/n nudged Five's shoulder. Everyone stayed silent in the moving box, that was until a pungent smell filled the air. "Oh my god," Y/n choked as she got a whiff of the gross smell. Everyone in the elevator began to express their disgust as they too caught a whiff of the smell. "Sorry, I'm nervous," The elevator doors had finally opened and everyone quickly paraded out trying to breathe in the fresh air.

"That's the last time I ride an elevator with you," Y/n gagged as she walked out of the elevator. "Alright when dad gets here I'll do the talking," Five said as he walked up to the table. "I got a few questions for him myself," "We don't wanna scare him off, He could know something to help us get back home and stop doomsday," Five warned. That wasn't enough for Diego and he protested against what Five was saying. "Why don't we just take turns talking?" Vanya suggested picking up a conch shell. "Whoever has this conch shell can talk," "I'm sorry, Vanya, but we're not in kindergarten," Y/n said taking a seat next to Five. "Well then maybe I should lead," Allison chimed in as she took the conch from Vanya. "We all know I'm a much better public speaker than the rest," Diego made a comment which caused the do to get into a slight squabble.

"Hey," Diego said as he turned to Alison. "No more numbers. No more bullshit. We're team Zero," "Hm, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard," Y/n commented. Diego brushed off the girl's remark and went to Alison. "Diego," Luther spoke up. "You don't have the conch," Fed up with Alison's bullshit, Diego took the shell out of her hands and chucked it across the room.

It broke.

Y/n stifled out a chuckle and was about to comment on Diego's short temper, but someone barged through the double doors. "Holy shit," Y/n mumbled as she saw who it was. Everyone that wasn't sitting down took a seat around the large table. "Not only have you burglarized my lab, set my chimp loose, conned your way into the Mexican consulate, repeatedly stalked and attacked me, but you have on numerous occasions, called me.." Mr. Hargreeves ranted as he looked at all the people at the table. Klaus was the last to join the rest of them at the table, making a remark as he sat down next to Mr. Hargreeves.

"...Dad,"

"I know you're not a part of the CIA, KGB, certainly not MI5. So, who are you?" Everyone stayed silent, not sure how to break the news. "We're your children," Five spoke up "Except me," Y/n added. "We're from the future," Y/n continued. Five gave Mr. Hargreeves the whole backstory of how they came to be and how they were put under the so-called care of, Sir Reginald Hargreeves. "Why on earth would I adopt six," "Seven," Alison corrected. "One of us isn't here," Diego filled in the gap, but Klaus mumbled to something behind him.

"Still, why would I adopt Seven ill-mannered malcontents?" He questioned. "We have special abilities," "Special? In what sense?" He asked. "In the supernatural sense," Luther butted in. "Call me old-fashioned, but I'm a stickler for this pesky thing called evidence. Show me," Allison made a jab as she took a sip of her drink. "We're not circus animals okay? We're not going to bounce balls on our noses and clap our hands for your amusement," Luther protested. Diego once again fed up, pulled out one of his signature knives and threw it. It curved perfectly and hit a tiki statue. Mr.Hargreeves began to write in his journal causing everyone to lean over the table to catch a glimpse of what he was annotating.

"What are you writing?" "You are zero for two young man," Y/n tried to hold in her laughs while Diego got up from his seat. Five quickly spacial jumped in front of him, stopping him from doing anything too stupid. "Quick run down," Five breathed. "Luther, super strength. Klaus can commune with the dead, Allison can rumor anyone to do anything," "Except she never uses it," Alison clenched her jaw, "I heard a rumor, you punched yourself in the face," As on cue Zdiego punched himself in the face as per Alison's request. "And what about you, young lady?" Mr. Hargreeves asked as he turned to Y/n.

"I'm a marionette. I can control anyone and anything I choose by releasing invisible strings from my fingers," Y/n said as she extended her hand. She releases a string and attached it to the drink extra drink Alison had and brought it towards her. "Hey! that was mine," Y/n shrugged and took a sip on the fruity beverage. "And you?" He asked as he turned next to Vanya. "Oh, maybe let's not take Vanya for a test run," Luther nervously chuckled as he was stilled scared by the last time Vanya used her powers. "It's fine I can handle it," Vanya insisted as she raised up her sleeves. She ignored everyone's protests and went on to show her power.

She hit the side of her glass and focused on the soundwaves, causing the fruit platter decor in the middle of the table to explode and cover everyone with fruit. After everyone calmed down and cleaned themselves off they all focused back on the conversation. Diego had finally cracked and began to tell Reginald about his plans to assassinate the president and how they knew he was the one responsible for it. Mr. Hargreeves denied the claim and blamed it on Diego for having mental issues. Diego didn't buy it and pulled out the photo they had as evidence.

Something the billionaire was a stickler about.

"Well..." Reginald started as he glanced at the photo. "I suggest you've solved it. You single-handedly unmined my nefarious plot. Is that what you wanted to hear?" He continued to tell Diego how his hero complex was never going to save anyone and how he was foolish to think it would. He was just desperate and insignificant. These words that spewed from Mr. Hargeeves's mouth made Diego shrivel with insecurity and made the others just as sad. Even Y/n couldn't make a comment on it.

"Look forget about the president. We have a catastrophic war coming in Five days and we need to figure out how to stop it," "War?" Reginald questioned. "Men will always be at war with each other," Reginald said dismissing how serious the threat was. "This isn't just some war," Y/n said. "This is a doomsday. The end of the world," She continued. "You're the special ones, aren't you? Why don't you band together and do something about it?" Five's face faltered as he came to the realization that his father was no help to them.

Y/n seemed to notice the boy's change in demeanor as she placed her hand on top of his in a small gesture to reassure him. The room was silent for a moment until Klaus began to seize up. "What the hell?" Y/n said as she looked at the man. "Is he having a seizure?" "Overdosing probably," "Should we do something?" Everyone was trying to figure out what was going but nobody knew exactly what they were even looking at. "Klaus this isn't the time for this what the hell are you doing?" After distorted cry from Klaus he collapsed to the floor shivering and groaning in agony.

"Well..." Reginald said as gathered is things. "Thank you for coming. I've seen about enough," He was making his way out of the restaurant but Luther stopped him. "Look at what you did to me. Look at it!" He said as he pulled open his shirt revealing his ape-like chest. Y/n choked on her fruity cocktail and adverted her eyes. Five groaned as his family was once again ruining everything.
"You in the culottes and you in red." He pointed to Y/n and Five.

" A word in private?"