Birthday Boy

"Do you even know how old you'd be turning this year?" Y/n asked as she looked at the boy who was trying to make a peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich. "I think somewhere around 59, or maybe 60. I can't really remember," with a small tch Y/n rolled her eyes at the boy. "Oh come on, you don't even know how old you are?" she whined. Five shrugged as he put his sandwich together. "Why do you even care? You didn't even know it was my birthday until Pogo told you yesterday," "So? Why can't I be interested in your birthday? Is that a crime?" Y/n defended as she looked at Five making another sandwich.  "I don't see you bothering Diego or Luther about their birthdays," "Because I don't give a shit about them. I want your birthday to be the best birthday ever," Five couldn't help but smile at the girl's words as he finished making her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich since she hated the peanut butter and marshmallow combo. 

"So, what do you want to do today?" Five shrugged as he chewed on the bite of his sandwich.  Y/n groaned. "You're so annoying even when it's your birthday," Five scoffed and took another bite of his sandwich. "Why don't we go shopping? I mean we can get you some normal clothes. You always wear that stupid uniform," "Last time I checked you liked this stupid uniform," It was Y/n's turn to scoff this time as she took a bite of her sandwich. "Well then let's go out and do something. Like normal teenagers do," She suggested. "Do you even know what a normal teen does for fun?" Y/n stayed quiet trying to think of what teens did, but nothing came to mind. 

"Exactly," "Shut up,"  Y/n sighed and finished her sandwich as she tried to think of fun things Five and her could do for his birthday, but nothing came to mind as the boy was never interested in stuff like that and she was basically living her teenage years now. "look Y/n, I get you're wanting to do something nice, but it's seriously okay. The only thing that would make my birthday special is if you spent it with me,"  Y/n's lips curved into a small smile as the boy's words rang through her ears. "Fine, we don't have to do anything, but, we're not going to be doing anything that has to deal with the rest of the world. Today the world revolves around you," Five sighed and reluctantly agreed. With a giddy smile and a few sequels, Y/n grabbed his hand and took him to her room. 

"A couple of days ago while you weren't looking I managed to score these," Y/n said as she pulled a small box from under her bed. It had two games people used to gamble with. "Cards for poker and other card games, and dominos. A smile curled Five's lips as he looked into the small box. "You told me you liked card games, so I got us some cards," Y/n smiled as she took out the deck of cards. "You're gonna have to shuffle them though. I don't know how," FIve chuckled as he took the cards from Y/n's hands. "I'll teach you," He said as he split the deck in half. He handed Y/n a portion of the deck and kept on for himself.  "So first you split your deck in half like so,"  Five demonstrated for the girl. "Then you place them like this," Y/n copied his moments down to the T and was able to successfully shuffle the deck of cards. "I did it!" "Told you it wasn't hard," Five smiled. The two continued to shuffle their halves of the dec until Y/n said it was enough. 

"What game should we play first?" "What's that one fishing game?" Five let out a small chuckle at Y/n's description of the game. "Goldfish and sure," He delt the cards out and went over the rules with Y/n to make sure she knew what she was doing and didn't cheat like his brothers would when they played in their youthful days.   Y/n lasted 3 games before she gave up. "You cheating I just know you are!" "I'm not cheating you're just bad at the game," Y/n scoffed and threw her cards down. "Again,"  They played about 10 rounds. Five won nine and Y/n won one, well Five let her win one. "I quit," "But you said we could do anything I wanted for my birthday," Five said as he sealed another set of cards. "I want to keep playing," He softened his tone as he pulled Y/n back to the center of the bed.  Y/n scoffed. "You just like seeing me loose," Five let out a breathy chuckle as he handed Y/n her hand of cards.  Y/n gave in and played another round of cards.  Then they switched to dominos, which Y/n was even worse at.  The two played games for hours until Y/n gave in once more

"Can we stop now? My pride can't take any more of this," "Well what do you wanna do?" A smile spread across Y/n's face as she grabbed Five's hand and dragged him downstairs. She lead him to the kitchen and sat him down. "What time is it?" Five glanced at the clock and read it aloud. "5:05," "Okay good, close your eyes," with slight protests the boy finally agreed to close his eyes and waited for further instructions. He could hear Y/n shuffling around the kitchen and open the silverware drawer. "Okay, you can open em'," In front of Five Y/n stood behind him lighting up a candle on a slice of tiramisu she had stolen from a dessert shop the day before. Once the candle was lit Y/n began to softly sing to him as she placed her hands on his shoulders. Once she finished  Five looked up at her.

"You said you hated sweet foods, so I got you a slightly bitter dessert to celebrate," Y/n smiled. Five looked down at the lit dessert and watched his candle. His heart was swelled with joy and he could no longer hide the smile he had. "What are you doing blow it out silly," FIve blew out his candle and turned back to Y/n who was still behind him. "I did some research on this one,"  Y/n sat down next to him. "I know you like coffee, so the breadsticks in there are soaked in espresso, and then it's made with like dark chocolate I think, so it's like really bitter. Perfect for you,"  Five looked at the girl with the most joy on his face. Even though he knew about the dessert, hearing her explain it to him was just music to his ears. "What? do you not like it?" "No, I love it," Y/n's face softened as Five expressed his gratitude. 

"Well, I got two more gifts," Y/n got up and went to fetch something from the cupboard and hid it behind her back as she walked up to the table. "Boom," Y/n said as she placed a small container of coffee grounds on the table. "And here is the second gift," "She leaned closer and placed her lips on his, giving him a sweet kiss. She pulled away with red cheeks and looked at him. To say Five was at a loss for words was an understatement. He was so happy with everything he just wanted to time travel back to the morning so he could relive it all again. This was the first birthday he had that he actually liked and felt happy to gain another year.  He turned to Y/n with red cheeks and a smile on his face nobody could wipe off. 

"Happy birthday, Five,"

( A small birthday chapter for our old man :) Regular chapters will resume next week.)