i need MAJOR help!!! prt 2

this is the second preview chapter! 

 I had already published this book a while ago and then unpublished it. I really like the concept but hated the execution as I continued to write it. Soooooo #redemptionera??? lemme stfu now and let yall read. 

Turn back Time (chapter preview)

30 minutes prior

"She's gone?!" A man yelled as he grabbed his partner by his collar. "How could you lose her? She was literally frozen in place!" He continued to yell. "I-I just went to the bathroom for 5 minutes! I didn't know she would escape that fast," He stuttered as he looked at the older male. The man sighed and let go of the boy's collar. "We need to find her," The man sneered as his hand slammed on a nearby table.

"How are we gonna find her?" The man turned to the boy and leaned on the table he had recently assaulted. He reached into the pocket of his distressed work pants and pulled out a squashed box of cigarettes that had a lighter inside. He pulled out the nicotine stick and placed it between his slightly chapped lips. He sparked the lighter a few times before lighting the cigarette and took a puff. He sighed as the pungent smoke emitted from his lips and nose. "I don't know, but we better do it quick, or we're in trouble"

Now♪♪

A battered and beaten girl walked the streets of New York trying to find a place to eat. The girl was tired and very confused, but a smile was plastered on her face as she sauntered through the dimly lit streets. Y/n could hear passersby mumble stuff about her as she continued to walk. She didn't pay mind to it due to the fact that she was focused on finding somewhere to eat. She continued to walk but quickly found herself quite lost. The streets were not like the ones she remembered. She sighed and looked around for a face that she could temporarily trust. An elderly man caught her eye as he was making his way to a nearby bus stop. She rushed over to the man and tried to grab his attention.

"Excuse me, sir?"

"Do you think you could help me out?" She asked looking at him. He looked up and examined the teenager, hesitant to talk to her. "What do you need?" He asked avoiding direct eye contact."I want to get something to eat, but I'm lost. Do you know an open restaurant nearby?" She explained looking at the old man. He nodded and quickly looked around before he met her gaze for a quick second, but Y/n adverted before he could properly look her in the eye.

"There's a diner 3 blocks away, turn left and you'll see it." She nodded and gave the man a quick 'thanks' before following the man's directions. Y/n kept walking until she found a small diner that had a big neon light sign on it.

The sigh was on a continuous loop of a hand dunking a doughnut into a coffee mug. Y/n remembered the sign vividly. She recalled memories of her getting sweet treats from the bakery. She rushed inside and took a seat at the bar, where a middle-aged man and a teenage boy sat. The boy glanced at the girl, then glanced at the man, then his hands.

He looked like he had something on his mind and was trying to figure it out. The man took out a newspaper and began to flip through it and read, while, Y/n quietly sang a song to herself. The diner was silent and the only thing that could be heard was the buzzing of the electronics and the muttering of the teenage girl.

All their thoughts were interrupted by the clicking heels, signaling that the waitress had entered the dining room. "Sorry, the sink was clogged," A waitress by the name of Agnes walked out. She took out her notepad and pen and looked at the middle-aged man to take his order. The man glanced up at the menu and back to the lady. "I'll take a glazed donut," The old man ordered as he glanced up at the brightly lit menu. "No scratch that. Gimme a chocolate eclair," The lady nodded and glanced at the younger patrons . "And chocolate milk for the kids?"