🐥 Chapter 36 🐬

After Mr. Park and Chairman Yeri's opening speech, they gave the microphone to the rich couple as well.

Yoona holds the mic and starts to talk. "Hello students! Thank you for the warm welcome here in Empire High!"

All of the students starts to clap their hands excitedly. "I just wanna thank you all for hosting our annual Children's Week here at the academy.. It was big help for all the kids that we support.."

Yoona looks at her husband with a fond smile and grabs her hand, intertwining their fingers.

"My husband and I loves to do charity works for the kids.. We feel really happy once we saw the smile on their faces.. We lost our kid when he was young, he was kidnapped and never returned to us.. We are praying that one day, he will return to us.."

Teachers and some of the students starts to cry because of Yoona's story.

"I feel sorry for them..." Chenle wiped a tear from his eyes. Jisung noticed it and engulfes him on a hug. "Aigoo.. My crybaby boyfriend.."

After the speech, it was Renjun's turn to give a song performance while Lami is in charge of handing the flowers to the couple.

The song starts to play but Renjun is still not singing. His throat is sore that time, so he was signalling to stop the music, but the operator misunderstood him and made the music louder.

Chenle noticed it and starts to walk at the side to grab some mic. He started to sing, catching everyone's attention.

It was the first time that he sings in front of many people. Everyone is in awe while listening to him. His soft, crystal clear voice rides along with the song, 'You raise me up'.

He walked slowly towards the stage and belts up the chorus perfectly, making the audience feel like at peace.

On the other hand, Jisung listens to him really well. He poked Mark beside him and whispered, "That's my boyfriend out there.."

Mark looks at him, irritated. "Okay, Mr. Whipped Boy.."

Chenle finishes the song perfectly, earning a thumbs up from Renjun as well.

Everyone stood up to their feet and clapped happily for him. Yoona, who was carried away by the song, couldnt remove her eyes from Chenle.

"And that's for our program today! Please go back to your classroom, your teachers will discuss on what will happen on the Children's Week.." the host announced.

All of the students starts to walk back towards their classroom.

"You're really amazing!" Jisung yelled, running towards him. He lifted Chenle up and spins him around.

After putting him down, Chenle tiptoed and peck his boyfriend's lips. "Thank you so much, Jisungie.. Let's go back?"

"Okay.." Jisung smiles and intertwined their hands. They were about to leave when Yoona called them.

"You have a great voice.." Yoona said with a smile on her face.

Chenle's face starts to blush. "Thank you very much, Mrs. Zhong.."

Her face starts to frown. "If my son is still here, maybe he's at your age.."

Chenle's heart hurt seeing Yoona sad. "You can treat me as your own son, Mrs. Zhong.."

Yoona's face brightened up immediately and hugs Chenle tight. "I would love to! Thank you very much! By the way, what's your name?"

"My name is Kim Ch-"

"Ma'am.. we need to go.." one of the bodyguards said.

Yoona kisses his forehead before leaving. "I'll see you a lot? We can talk anytime.."

Chenle nods happily. He and Jisung bowed in front of her and starts to walk away.

"Come on, Snow White.." they walked away, hand in hand, which Yoona finds cute.

"Snow White? So he really likes nicknames, I think.." she muttered while walking away with her bodyguards.

Thank you for reading! 🐥❤️🐬