You Weren't Supposed To Find Out

Peter has a secret.

A dark one at that.

Nobody knows of it, and he isn't ready to share it anytime soon. You see, when he was around twelve years of age, he was kidnapped by a terrorist organization called HYDRA. They tortured him, mentally and physically scarring him in the process. Most of the lacerations and bumps had gone away, all except for one; a massive branding on his hip, barely above where the band of his boxers lays.

EXP. P-103 H12SB

Peter didn't know what it meant, except that it stood for, "Experiment: Peter / patient 103," and the rest he didn't have a clue.

No one had seen this scar, not even his aunt May or father-figure Tony Stark. He had hidden it extremely well, making sure to take extra precautions when they had to change for gym class or going swimming with his best friends. No one could know.

And now at eighteen years of age, he's hidden it pretty damn well. But of course one little mishap took all that cautious work and time right off a cliff and into oblivion.

-

"Peter, are you packed yet?" Tony shouted from the living room as the Avengers were filing in with their luggage.

"Yeah, dad! I'm coming!"

Peter came sprinting into the room, his suitcase hanging from his forearm and his duffel bag strapped across his shoulders. A bright, toothy smile lit up his brown doe eyes and his chestnut curls bounced back and forth as he came to a halt.

"Come on, sport. Go ahead and get in the jet with Clint and Nat, everyone else will be there shortly," the billionaire instructed. Peter nodded, grinning like an idiot before rushing off to the loading platform, scrambling up the ramp that led to the body of the jet. He dumped his luggage on one of the racks, Clint and Natasha following suit.

"You excited, bud?" Clint asked as he sat down on a chair, stretching his legs out on another.

Peter slid into the seat next to him, nodding his head. "Yeah, of course I am!" he replied. Natasha smiled.

"That's good. Now what's taking your father so long?"

-

A three hour and forty-two minute flight later, the jet finally landed on an island in the Bahamas. The plateform descended and Peter was the first to rush out, anxious to feel sand squished between his toes and water riding up at his waist. He sprinted into the large beachside mansion that Tony had bought, slamming the door open and his mouth dropping in awe at the sight.

"This is epic!" the eighteen year old gasped as he spun around in a circle, taking in the luxurious place. Soon, the Avengers all piled in, all having the same reaction as Peter.

"Alright, rooms. There's enough for everyone to have their own, but if you want the best ones, I'd start running," Tony said. Right as he finished his sentence everyone began to sprint towards the bedrooms, all wanting the best and biggest one. Somehow Peter had managed to get there first, tripping over his feet and falling through the doorway and onto the floor. He burst out in laughter as the Avengers groaned in annoyance before running to get the next best one.

Peter stood, eventually beginning to unpack just as he heard Tony's voice sound through the loud speaker.

"Avengers, get your swimwear on and be out at the private pool in t-minus ten minutes!"

Peter grinned to himself and quickly stripped, pulling up his red and blue swim shorts. He didn't take time to realize that the top of his branding was peaking out above his waistline, and didn't take the time to check himself over before going onto his deck and cannon balling into the pool, water spray splashing everywhere.

As the Avengers began to pile into the private pool area, Peter used his web-shooters to make a ball for them to play with. As they were all having fun, Peter didn't notice that his swim shorts were slowly slipping down, revealing more and more the scar that he despised so greatly.

It was only when Bucky pointed it out that Peter froze in his tracks.

"Hey Petey, is that a tattoo on your hip?" the soldier asked. Peter felt the breath leave his chest as his hands flew to cover up the branding.

"I- uh... um there's nothing to see!" he squeaked out, anxiety getting the best of his actions. Natasha raised an eyebrow.

"Stop lying, young spider. What's on your hip?" she pressed, advancing towards the teen through the water.

Peter shook his head. "It's..." he removed his shaking hands from his waist, exposing his scar. "I got taken by HYDRA when I was twelve... that's how I got my powers..."

"Peter..." Tony said softly. "Why didn't you tell us sooner?"

"It doesn't matter now, what's done is done," he replied with a shake of his head. Steve pursed his lips, eyebrows going into his hairline.

"It does matter, Pete. Now tell us, please," the super-solider commanded sternly, yet with a tone that still held softness. Peter sighed, wading through the pool water and hoisting himself up on the edge, tugging his shorts down ever so slightly.

"It's merely a branding. They burn it into your skin when you get there; it's the access code to your files and whatnot. I hacked them a long time ago, though- wiped everything they had on me," he responded quietly. Then, he even softer, he added, "you weren't supposed to find out."

"Well I'm pretty damn glad we did, Peter. Just think, Now if you need to get anything off your chest, you can come to any of us," Tony said, going over to stand by his adopted son.

"You guys are the best..." Peter mumbled as he wiped a stray tear from his cheek.

Tony chuckled, giving him a hug.

"You mean just me- I'm certainly the best out of us."

-

.... i did a bad thing

AHHHHHHHHHHHFKFOOSNA

SKSKMSKSKSKAKA