Come Home

quick clarification: this chapter contains a lot of time skips, so watch out for those

"You coward!" Peter screamed from his position on he ground. He held his left side, attempting to stop himself from bleeding out as Thanos laughed from his throne, mocking him. The titan munched on a handful of grapes (what a cannibal) as Peter was dying in front of him.

"You're pathetic, young man," he spat a seed onto the ground in front of the teen. Peter spat out spit mixed with blood at his feet.

"Says the man who relied on stones to win a battle," he growled. Thanos chuckled darkly before flicking his wrist, making tight ropes appear around Peter's wrists.

"Take him from me," he bellowed, motioning towards a servant. "He will become my personal slave."

two years later

"Why hasn't he come back?"

Tony Stark stood next to all the Avengers after reversing the snap. Friends and loved ones all turned back to their original forms, all except for Peter Parker, the nineteen year old boy who still hadn't come home.

"Tony, maybe he just needs a bit longer," Steve beckoned. The patriot's eyes flitted towards the motionless purple titan, blood still sleeping out from under him.

"Strange," Tony croaked, tears attempting to spill. "Wasn't he with you guys?"

Strange shook his head. "No, Thanos came and took him before he woke up," he replied, remorse filling his tone.

Tony huffed and sank to the ground, clutching the hard dirt in his hands. "H-He needs to come back- I... I don't..." he whispered as more tears clouded his vision.

Tony felt like his heart was going to explode. His chest was tightening and his lungs were aching as he sat there, mud beneath him.

"He'll come home soon, he has to," Cling reassured.

another two years later

"Peter... come home," Tony whispered as he sat in the younger hero's bedroom, drowning himself in sheets. A cup of coke mixed with vodka sat on the night stand as the t.v screen shone with life.

Videos from Peter's suit displayed by KAREN scanned across it, leaking in audio clips here and there. A box of tissues were clutched in the billionaire's hands as his eyes teared.

"Please..." he murmured again before falling back into the pillows.

a year later

"Pep! Where are Morgan's shoes?!" Tony shouted from somewhere in the penthouse. Pepper at their five month old son Morgan were sitting on the couch whilst the genius searched for the boy's tennis shoes.

"Aren't they in his room?" she shouted back with a laugh. Footsteps were heard until after a full other two minutes Tony emerged from a hallway, little high tops in hand.

"Okay, let's go."

Later that night, Tony was staring out at the moon, leaning on the window frame. A single tear rolled down his cheek.

"Peter... come home."

two years later

"He's dead, Tony. He should've been back by now if he wasn't," Steve stressed as he paced the living room. Tony sat by the window in an arm chair, Morgan asleep in his arms.

"How do you know that, Steve?" the billionaire question tiredly. The patriot grumbled.

"Give it a damn rest, Stark. It's not happening," he replied before leaving the room.

Tony sighed and looked out at the stars.

"Peter... come home."

10 months later

This was it.

Tony Stark has finally given up on any chance of Peter's return, deciding to put the past behind him and to put all his care into his toddler. But, he would still keep Peter in the back of his mind forever.

And what he didn't know was that Peter was standing beside him, dressed in crème white clothing and a rose fitted into his hair. He laid a ghostly hand on the billionaire's shoulder, smiling.

"I was always home, Mr. Stark."