They're Gone

The last chapter was too sweet. TIME FOR PAIN

oh and i looked up the names in the chapter so don't coME AT ME

..............................................

"Today I am here to discuss the events of the Infinity War."

Tony Stark stood up on stage, his two year old son Morgan sat on his hip. The young toddler nibbled on some goldfish crackers as millions of people watched him from the crowd and televisions in their homes.

"Many people were lost, including some of my team-members. Most importantly, I lost my son, Peter Parker-Stark. He was nineteen.... only nineteen years old when a stake was driven through his heart, killing him two minutes later. The feeling of holding my boy in his last moments is heartbreaking, and I'm surprised I haven't gone insane." 

"Pe'er?" Morgan's soft voice spoke, a glimmer entering his brown eyes. He looked around wildly, his chestnut curls that resembled the teenager's so much bouncing around his head. "Pe'er home?"

The audience fell into shock, some even started crying. The little boy would never see his big brother again.

Tony choked on a sob, unshed tears tainting his vision. "No, Morgs. Peter's not coming home," he said quietly. Morgan frowned, his tiny dimples showing his distress.

"Pe'er home?"

That was when Pepper came onto the stage, her own cheeks stained with fresh, salty tears. She whispered something in Tony's ears before grabbing Morgan from the billionaire's grasp, taking him backstage with her. Tony sighed, his lips quivering as he glanced down at the paper with scribbled writing on it placed on the podium.

"I'm also here to mourn the loss of the following Avengers: Clinton Francis Barton, Steven Grant Rogers, Wanda Elizabeth Maximoff, J-James Rupert Rhodes, Robert... Robert Bruce Banner, Peter Jason Quill and lastly, Gamora Zen Whoberi Ben Titan. They all fought greatly against the mad titan, Thanos, whether it was on Wakandan soil, or a distant planet called Titan."

Tony kept quiet for a moment, bowing his head in respect. Everyone followed suit, ending up taking five minutes to remember those who fought for the safety of Earth. Soon, Tony looked back up.

"And now I will have some Avengers come and speak."

Natasha walked up to the podium, her heels clicking on the wooden stage the only sound in the still room.

"My name is Natasha Romanoff. Clint was my best friend-hell, my brother. Wanda was like a sister, James was the father figure I never had, Steve was my commander, Bruce was my.. he was my boyfriend. I didn't get the chance to wholly meet Quill and his girlfriend, Gamora, but I know that they were amazing people. And Peter... god my little Peter. He was my baby-spider; I trained him, we gossiped about boys and girls alike, we snuggled on the couch watching Disney movies after a nightmare. He made the best hot chocolate, and could cheer up anyone, even those with the darkest hearts."

Natasha stepped down, and Strange stepped up.

"I am Dr. Steven Strange. Although I didn't know these people very well, only have meeting them minutes before the battle began, I know that they were extraordinary fighters. I was there when Peter passed away, and it felt like the world crashed down on every single one of us. He didn't deserve to die, neither did the others. They will forever be missed. "

Then it was Bucky's turn.

"I haven't had the best history with the Avengers, after all, the only ones I knew truly are dead, gone in the wind. Steve and Peter were my best friends... Steve was my boyfriend. But they died fighting for what they believed in, and I sure as hell know that they'll get in whatever the fuck heaven is without a doubt, and that the angels will be there waiting at the gates, ready to adorn them in white robes. You know why? Because those two, like everyone else, were already angels without even trying."

The rest of the Avengers did their speeches, and soon the Press Conference was closed. They went back to the Avengers Compound, going to bed after that long, stressful day.

But what they didn't know was that from the clouds above, Peter was smiling down at them, adorned in white robes, a golden halo above his head. The deceased Avengers stood next to him, all with their own robes, as Bucky had predicted. 

The remaining team would never be alone. 

Never again. 

-

Should I make a young justice book?

yes

no