THE INTERVIEW 2018 - JENNY

Anderson Cooper: "How did you end up falling in love with Marshall?

Jenny: "Um...by total accident. It wasn't until after Kim left him and he really needed my help with Hailie and Alaina that I started to look at him...differently."

Anderson Cooper: "Differently how?"

Jenny: "Well, before all that...I pretty much took Kim's word as gold. She'd tell me he'd be the one to start fights and that he was mean to her and cheated on her and all kinds of things. But the more I hung out with the two of them, the more I saw how much of a liar Kim was. Not just about Marshall, but with everything. She got so deep into cocaine around the time we stopped talking, that she had started doing things that were really unlike her. Especially when it came to Hailie. She went from talking to her at least once a day to letting weeks go by without calling her. She'd break her promises to see her, manipulate money out of people, and just turned into this crazy party person. But Marshall....he was always the more tame one. I know that sounds crazy given the image he's shown the media in his songs and everything but...I can't even really remember a time where he was more messed up than she was. He lost it on her a couple of times but she was always the main instigator. Her insecurity in their relationship, I think, really ruined them. That and the drugs. I think he just started to lose a lot of respect for her when she started putting alcohol and cocaine before the kids. When I offered to help him out with the girls until his aunt and uncle moved in and got settled, I really started to see how amazing of a father he was. And funny! He's SO funny...Really, he's a different person when Kim's not around. So...childlike, almost. He does these funny voices, plays harmless little pranks on people, gets on the floor and plays with the kids...it was just really refreshing to see. My kids loved him and they loved spending time over his house, which we did more and more as time went on."

Anderson Cooper: "You guys even spent the night at his house on several occasions, isn't that right?"

Jenny: "Yea...we did. His studio sessions often ran late so I'd watch all the kids at his house cuz it was bigger and had more stuff for them to do...he had a pool, a basketball court, arcade games, a movie theater room...what kid wouldn't love all that stuff?"

Anderson Cooper: "Where would you sleep when you slept at his house?"

Jenny: "Um...he had a couch in the little living room part of his room and I'd usually crash there."

Anderson Cooper: "Not in a guest room?"

I chuckled.

Jenny: "Well, my son would usually sleep in one of the guest rooms, a lot of times with Nate cuz he'd spend the night a lot too; and my girls would usually sleep in the other guest room. When his aunt and uncle moved in, they took the larger guest room downstairs which he'd previously used as an office, so...there weren't a whole lot of options."

Anderson Cooper: "Did you feel...bad...for sharing a bedroom with your cousin's husband?"

Jenny: "At first I did, sometimes. But Marshall was never inappropriate. He never made me feel uncomfortable or anything. And when he came back from the European portion of his Anger Management Tour that February, he hired a private investigator to follow Kim around so he could have enough evidence to use against her in court. He'd tell me the dirt the P.I. would find on her and it made any guilt I felt about spending so much time with him completely fade away."

Anderson Cooper: "Did you tell him about your feelings for him?"

Jenny: "No. Not at first. He had so much on his mind with his family moving in, the divorce, recording D12's first album, touring...I didn't wanna add to that by complicating things between us before I really knew if he would return those feelings."