FEBRUARY 1999 - LEX (Part 2)

I woke up to the sound of the TV playing low in the background. I was alone in the bed. I panicked for a second before hearing the sound of the shower in the bathroom and smelling Em's soap. I didn't understand how or when we had fallen asleep. After our mind-blowing sexual escapade, we had cuddled and talked for hours. The last time I remember looking at the clock it had said 5am. Now it was 8:15. I felt so bad for Marshall since he had to go to his photo shoot and I was sure he was exhausted. I should have told him to wait til tonight to drop those tabs so that he wouldn't have had to get up so early the next morning.

I rubbed my eyes groggily and pulled on sweatpants, a t-shirt, and a sweatshirt. I slipped my feet into my Adidas slides and grabbed my wallet and keycard. There was a little breakfast place on the first floor and I decided to grab him something from there since I was sure he hadn't eaten and probably wouldn't have time to eat beforehand cuz Paul would be rushing him.

I got back to the room with a water, a Mountain Dew, and a sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich as Em, wearing only a white towel around his waist, was peeking behind the curtains to look at the balcony. 

"Oh shit, there you are. You fuckin' scared me. Didn't I say no one leaves the room without the other?" he asked, looking genuinely scared.

"That was last night," I scoffed.

"That shit stays in your system for like 12 to 16 hours. I guess I should've told you that." His voice softened as he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "You good? How you feelin?" he asked, searching my face for clues.

"I'm fine," I shrugged. "Colors are still a little...vivid, I guess. But I think I'm okay."

He gave me his half-smile that didn't produce my favorite dimple. "That's my little soldier."

I smiled back at him. "I got you this. You should eat before you go," I said, handing him the water and sandwich. He took the Mountain Dew instead.

"Thanks baby. You ain't have to do that. They probably gonna have food up at the photo shoot," he replied, opening the soda.

"Oh yeah, I forgot," I shook my head, feeling kind of stupid to have worried so much about him eating. He was going to a major photo shoot. Of course they'd have food.

He breathed out a little chuckle as he cupped my ass with his hand and pulled me into his still slightly wet-from-the-shower chest. "Their shit will probably suck though. But this joint..." he said as he unwrapped the sandwich. "This looks bangin'." I smiled as I watched him devour the whole thing in 2 minutes before continuing to get ready.

After sending him off with a ton of kisses and hugs twenty minutes later, I chugged the water I had bought myself, peed, closed all the curtains, turned the TV off, and crawled back into bed. It was gonna be a long day and night and I was already feeling real groggy so I knew I needed to sleep more. A few minutes passed before I freaked myself out enough to open the curtains back up and turn the TV back on. I struggled to fall back asleep without Em next to me. I clutched a pillow, pretending it was him, before frustratingly throwing it off the bed. Maybe that shit was still in my system after all....