THE INTERVIEW 2018 - KIM

Anderson Cooper: "What was it like getting back together after all that time apart? Especially with him being the up-and-coming star that he was at that time."

Kim: "It was...frustrating, actually. I mean, I never wanted that celebrity life. I just wanted us to be a normal little happy family. But with Marshall, everything is a production. Going to the park, the grocery store, trying to plan anything was such a chore."

Anderson Cooper: "Because of the media?"

Kim: "Yeah, and the fans. People stopped us everywhere we went. Hailie just thought her dad had a ton of friends. But it was...wearing."

Anderson Cooper: "Whose idea was it to get married?"

Kim: "Mine."

Anderson Cooper: "So you asked him?"

Kim: "I mean, it wasn't any big proposal or anything. I...basically I thought that if we were married, he'd be less likely to cheat on me when he went on The Warped Tour. Which ended up being totally false anyway."

Anderson Cooper: "You didn't think it was too soon? You guys had only been back together for, what, a little over a month before tying the knot at the courthouse, right?

Kim: "Yeah, it was way too soon. In hindsight, you know? But...I felt like I needed to take the opportunity I was given and just go with it. I mean, we were happy. Or at least I thought we were. Hailie was ecstatic. We were all getting along." I shrugged. "Why not?" 

Anderson Cooper: "Did you love each other when you got married?"

Kim: "Um...I don't know. He always seemed to have a really hard time expressing that emotion, so..."

Anderson Cooper: "Did you love him?"

My heart beat like a drum in my chest and it felt like someone had turned the thermostat up to 100 degrees. I hated to admit that I loved that man. The man that had said all of the insanely horrible things about me for the world to hear. But I did. I loved him. Truth be told, I still did. I just knew we couldn't be together. But try telling that to my heart...

Kim: "Yeah, I did."