79 (Edited)

EVELYN'S POV
Today I'm 37 almost 38 weeks pregnant and we have a doctors appointment today.

I've been going twice a week since I hit 30 weeks just because Doctor Ryan wanted to keep a close eye on the three of us.

We headed out the house and made it to the doctors' office five minutes early, so I signed in and thankfully we were taken back right away.

"It's good seeing you guys again, how are we doing?" Doctor Ryan asked as he shook our hands.

"We're doing good, how are you?" I asked him.

"I'm doing good." He smiled.

"So, Evelyn how have you been feeling? I know towards the ending weeks it can get quite uncomfortable, to say the least especially with twins." Doctor Ryan asked me.

"Well, I'm feeling extremely stretched out, I also think they dropped this week because I feel like every time I stand up I feel like their gonna fall out of me, also my mucus plug came out this week, and then I guess I just have the normal end of pregnancy symptoms, like back pain swollen feet, just all of it," I explained to him laughing at the end.

"That's definitely completely normal, I want to do an ultrasound but I also want to check you to see if you've progressed at all." He told me as he put gloves on.

I folded my shirt underneath my bra and held Oliver's hand as Doctor Ryan put the gel on my stomach moving it around with the wand.

"So babies are looking really good, I'd say their measuring anywhere between 6-7 pounds each so they're definitely at a healthy weight." He explained to us.

"Okay, let me check you really quickly and then you guys can head on him." He said handing me a tissue to wipe the gel off my stomach.

Oliver helped me take my shorts off, and then draping a cloth over my legs.

"Okay, little be of discomfort but it'll go away shortly." He told me and I felt a slight sting before it dissipated.

I looked at Doctor Ryan's face and his eyes were quite wide.

"Wow, so you are 90% effaced and almost six centimeters dilated, so I wouldn't be surprised if the babies came within the next couple of days, maybe even tonight or tomorrow, so make sure everything is ready to go because it seems like babies are coming sooner rather than later." He explained to us as he took his gloves off.

"I would also recommend trying to induce labor yourselves, sexual intercourse, exercise, spicy foods, really anything is fair game, and the second you start having contractions come into the hospital, because with how far you've progressed by yourself I think the second contractions start labor is going to start moving very fast." He explained to us.

"Wow okay, thank you. We'll let you know if and when I start having contractions," I told him as Oliver helped me get dressed.

We finished up at the doctors' office and headed back home.

"So, I'm not gonna go into work just In case you do go into labor, also we need to let our families know that there's a good chance you could go into labor," Oliver said once we had gotten back on the road.