62 (Edited)

EVELYN'S POV
It's now been a month since Michael and Riley's wedding and about a week later I had finished editing their pictures.

So I was able to give them to them right when they got back from their honeymoon.

And now thankfully life has been pretty peaceful nothing crazy happening which is really nice.

It's nice to relax for once because as of lately life has been extremely crazy busy but also amazing but it's definitely nice to get a break from it all.

As far as work I've been editing I did have a few shots last week but they weren't anything too crazy.

Oli's been working a lot for whatever reason so we haven't seen too much of each other this week.

And speaking of Oli I knew he was going to be home soon and if I know anything about him I know he secretly loves coming home to a home-cooked meal.

Which I mean could you blame him? I would too.

I was up in the bedroom so I started walking downstairs to head into the kitchen to start one dinner.

I decided to make a chicken teriyaki bowl with obvious had chicken teriyaki but aside from that had quinoa and roasted vegetables.

Something I've actually made as of late that Oliver has loved as we have been trying to eat more healthy food and this is definitely a good way of doing so.

I had finished about an hour later and I was just sitting the island as we hardly ever sit and eat in the dining room.

And by the time I finished the island I heard the door open and Oli call out to me like he always does.

"Hi, babygirl I missed you how was your day?" He asked coming over to me and placing his hands on my waist as he leaned down to kiss me.

"Hi baby, I missed you too and it was good how was yours?" I asked him as I cuddled into him for a second before I sat down at the counter.

"Very eventful I don't know how you're gonna take this news." He said which definitely piqued my interest.

I stared intensely at him while he walked over to the fridge and grabbed a beer before walking over and taking a sit.

"What happened? What's so eventful?" I had him with a raised eyebrow.

He leaned out a breath as he laced his fingers together in front of him. "Okay, I know we just moved into this house and I know we were planning to stay here forever but I got a new job offer." He said while maintaining eye contact.

I could feel my eyes widen. "Where?" I asked which is really the only thing I felt like I could say.

"New York." He stated simply.

"New York!?" I all but slightly raised my voice in surprise.

"I know I was surprised too but I'll be making more money, and if we do move it'll help that we'll be living on base so we won't have to drive into town for everything." He explained.