71 (Edited)

EVELYN'S POV
Is was New Years and everyone was at my parents' house and by everyone I mean literally everyone.

Oliver and me, his parents, Michael, and Riley, Bentley, and Sadie, Colton and Hailey, Peyton, Harper and Chris, Greyson and Maya, as well as some of my parents' friend so the house was very much packed with people.

Nobody brought their kids with them as we would all be drinking except for me and I was the designated driver for Oliver and his parents.

We were all out on the patio by the hot tub that was out there, everyone was drinking including Oliver but he was still very much sober I mean he's over six feet tall it takes a lot for him to be tipsy.

Oliver an I were talking, at least trying to the music and talking made it very difficult to talk and hear each other clearly.

But during our difficult conversation, we started hearing everyone counting down from ten, so I quickly looked at my watch and noticed it was less than a minute before midnight.

"Eight! Seven! Six! Five! Four! Three! Two! One! Happy New Years!!!" We all yelled and before I knew Oliver had grabbed me pressing our lips together.

"Happy New Years babygirl, can't wait to continue this next year with you, with our babies." He whispered against my lips as his hands caressed my belly.

"Happy New Years baby I love you so much," I whispered back as I kissed his neck as we hugged.

"I love you too babygirl." He whispered in my ear.

Thankfully no one was too drunk, so Oliver an I were able to go around and say goodbye to everyone as Oliver an I would be leaving early tomorrow morning.

So we said goodbye to my brothers and their wives, along with Peyton, and then went and said goodbye to Michael and Riley and then lastly was my parents.

After our goodbyes Oliver an I and his parents all walked out to Oliver's dads truck, his parents getting in the backseat, Oliver in the passenger seat and me in the driver's seat.

I drove the short drive back to Oliver's parents' house, all of us getting out the truck and into the house.

Oliver's parents heading up to their room and Oliver an I heading up to the guest room.

It was almost three in the morning and we all had to be up at five, so once Oliver and I were in our room we took a shower together.

Getting into some night clothes before getting into bed and cuddling up with each other.

"So much is going to be happening this year, our one year wedding anniversary, it'll be a year since Paisley died, three years since Lucas died, but most of all we'll be having our twins and although this definitely isn't how I saw this year going I wouldn't change it for anything," I told Oliver as we were laying down on the bed, my head resting on his chest.

"I wouldn't want to change it either, it's definitely been a hard few years, me losing my best friend, you losing your brother, us losing our baby, but if none of that ever happened we wouldn't be here where we are today," Oliver said and I could hear the thick raw emotion as he talked.

We were both still in pain, but we're healing and I think after everything that has happened to us I think we're doing a damn good job.

We didn't say anything else after that for quite a while before I leaned up and kissed him.

"I love you, baby," I whispered not wanting to break this moment between us by talking loudly.

"I love you too babygirl, so much." He whispered back kissing me once more.

"Goodnight." We said at the same time before we both started giggling, and then quieting down again.
............................................................................
A/N: I know this chapter was really short, but I didn't really know how to make it any longer.

And also I know future chapters will make up for it, I can promise you that😆

Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Comment&Vote if you liked or found this chapter interesting.

Love you guys to the moon and back!❤️😍😘🥰