9 (Edited)

6 MONTHS LATER
EVEYLN'S POV
I got up out of bed before walking in the bathroom and showering.

I then did my makeup and hair and got dressed I then grabbed everything I needed including my photography equipment and makeup equipment knowing I have an appointment today.

But until then I needed to go grocery shopping so after everything was loaded into the car I got in and began the drive to H-E-B.

I got to H-E-B and got the food that I needed and then as I was about to checkout I forgot to get ground beef so I made my way to the meat area.

When I got there I noticed a guy about my age maybe a little older in marine dress blues which definitely wasn't a surprise seeing as there are so many military bases here in Texas.

I grabbed my ground beef and then walked over to him to say my thanks.

"Excuse me I just wanted to say thank you for your service." I said as stood next to him.

He turned around as I spook to him and that's when I noticed I know him.

Both our eyes widen in shock I never thought I would see him again and I'm sure he thought the same.

"Um, aren't you Oliver is it?" I questioned.

"Yes I am and you're Evelyn." He pointed at me.

"Yeah I am, well I never thought I'd ever see you again." I chuckled.

He laughed as well before he spoke. "I didn't think I'd see you either." He smiled.

"Um so, I know it's been awhile but I wanted to say I'm sorry about your brothers death. I can't imagine how hard that was and is for you and your family, and I wanted to be there more than anything and I was planning on coming with a few other guys. But my sister ended up having a baby and her husband wasn't there so she asked me to fill in." He rushed out as if it was his fault.

"Calm down it's okay, I understand life gets in the way it happens sometimes. And thank you it means a lot, my brother talked a lot about you. So I'm glad he had someone while he was over there." I smiled.

"Yeah, he was a great man, I mean all of the ones that lost their lives that day was, but he was something else he was just everything you wanted and needed in a soldier and friend he was great." He smiled softly.

"Um I have a questioned how many people died that day?" I asked curiosity taking over.

"Uhh 15 people died that day." He said causing my eyes to widen in shock.

"15? gosh to think 15 people's families lost someone close to them." I said my heart going out to all those families.

"I know that's the biggest lost our unit has ever had and in fact we lost so many people they sent us remaining people home because there's not enough of us to fight so their trying to find more people to send back over there." He said.

"Wow I knew it was bad but not that bad." I breathed out.

"Yeah it's kinda the worst it's been in a long time." He said.