Frustration

Jesse had her cold hand underneath her chin, her eyes sparkling with newfound tears. In her other hand was a large picture frame. It was her. Her young daughter and her blonde husband standing cheerfully beside each other.

They were all smiling broadly and Jesse could feel her heart twist and churn. Her chest tightened and she quickly set the picture frame back down before she would snap and throw it across the room.

Aggravation boiled in Jesse's vains. Her life was torn apart and everything had fell apart right before her eyes and what did she do, nothing.

She had lost her family, lost her job, she had simply lost everything.

She had spent, so much time on her homicide case. She had thought about it all day and had tried to bring justice to the family, but her efforts just weren't enough.

Everything was going downhill and Jesse didn't know where to turn next.

Jesse put her freezing hand on her warm forehead, she felt so stressed. Never in her life had she ever felt this way. She missed her daughter. Matter of fact, she missed her family.

She hated how they just were gone in an heartbeat and the worst part was that she didn't even get to say goodbye.

Jesse adjusted her ebony blazer, her soft gaze hardening. If anything their was at least two more things she wanted to do.

With a heavy sigh Jesse headed out of her house and opened the small door to her large white truck.

Jesse started the engine and looked at her half-filled tank, sighing quietly.

"Here goes nothing," She mumbled, lightly pushing the gas pedal.

---

Jesse knocked on the dark brown door before crossing her arms over her chest.

Her loose dark brown hair swayed and the wind harshly blew across her face.

The door opened revealing a dark skinned woman, her ebony hair shoulder width.

"Please come in," She said slowly, opening the door wide enough for Jesse to walk in.

Jesse swiftly nodded, walking into the woman's warm home. Jesse bit her quivering bottom lip.

"Please tell me you found who killed my son." The woman said, sullenly facing Jesse, her voice wavering.

Jesse's gaze fell to the wooden floor. "Ma'am I'm...really sorry."

"The system has promised me justice! And that's what I want for my son!"

"I do! Everyone on my team does, but when they saw that their was no police invovled they....," Jesse gulped taking a deep breath, "They wanted nothing to do with the case," Jesse exclaimed, trying not to lose her cool.

A heavy sigh escaped the woman's lips, her hand trailing against her beautiful floral skirt.

She then pointed to her heart, her voice filled with agony. "The people still love him and mourn for him, but they don't know what I feel. I'm his mother. And I'll always be his mother. They don't know the pain that I feel. Theirs this emptyiness in my heart....and it feels so cold. So very cold." The woman said, a stray tear escaping.

"Please just leave." The woman said, swallowing a large lump in her throat.

Jesse headed for the door, a tear falling down her cheek. Before she completely headed out of the house Jesse glanced over her shoulder.

"Miss Olivia I want you to know that my team has done everything in our power." Jesss said softly, her quiet voice wavering.

Olivia only nodded sadly before slowly closing the door.

Jesse sighed, she was right. She'll always be his mother.

Jesse walked towards the sidewalk, a sullen look in her dark brown eyes.

Jesse had one last hope of getting her son justice. One shot at this. Jesse had to do this correctly and convince them why they should continue the investigation.

If not, Jesse would continue her private investigation. Jesse slowly breathed, "Only one shot." Jesse opened the door to her truck and sighed dully.

--

Jesse had her orange folders under her armpit, a downcast look in the corner of her eye.

Jesse flexed her cramped fingers, raking her quivering soft hand through her neat long brunnete hair.

"It's now or never," Jesse thought to herself, slowly swinging opening the glass door.

Jesse slowly walked in the office, two pairs of eyes staring at her as she sat down.

Jesse folded her hands on the table, gazing at them serouisly.

"Look. You have to contuinue the case." Jesse declared, frustrated enough, harshly slamming her orange papers on the wooden table.

"Tell me this Jesse. Why should we exactly?" Hadrian asked, adjusting his glasses while sternly gazing at Jesse.

"Because you have to! This department promises justice and we were so close to solving this!" Jesse exclaimed, her heart pounding twice it's normal rate, her veins boiling with extreme exasperation and uttermost stress.

"Yet so far Jesse! Look. This case is closed Jesse closed. No more investigating. Their is way too many murders for this case to be solved."

"Just," The world zoomed in and out and Jesse stood up, staggering slightly, her cold hands trembling.

"Just-," Jesse repeated, feeling extremely dizzy, her body trembling from head to toe now. Hadrain and Mevia both slowly stood up, strangely glancing at each other.

Jesse felt a sharp squeezing pain in her chest and her breathing become short gasps. Her muscles tensed and the world violently spun. Jesse suddenly fell backwards, her head colliding with a glass table, breaking small shot glasses.

Instantly Hadrian and Mevia reacted by rushing to Jesse's side. Jesse's eyes were closed, the glass beneath her head shattered into millions of pieces.

Another officer rushed in, her ebony eyes widening. She took a step backwards rushing to go get help, her flame colored hair swaying.

Hadrain shook Jesse by the shoulders, but it was no use because Jesse was already long gone.

---

Police oneshots are my jam sooo yeaah. I may or may not have referenced to something that totally isn't on netflix.

And I have killed Jesse once again. Yay.

I'm taking requests, so feel free to leave some.

Anyways I'll be back someday with another oneshot.

Anways, byeeeee

-Mcsmfangirl1