Drought

The rain splashed on the streets. I watched as citizens scrambled back to their homes not wanting to get soaked. Water started flooding the streets making it harder to walk. I trudged through the water making my way towards the order hall.

My hair was soaked along with my legs. Lightning flashed and hit an house making it catch on fire. I waded as fast as I could in the water and made my way over to the burning house. I heard screaming as the fire cackled loudly.

I tried to open the door, but it was jammed because of the water. I rammed into the door. It didn't budge, so I took out my sword. I thrust the sword in the door making a huge hole in the door. I pulled it out and put it in my inventory.

I kicked the door and the door swung open. "Hello!" I shouted. "Help!" I heard. I waded towards the voice to see a small girl. The water was up to her neck. I waded towards the struggling girl. Part of the roof collapsed splashing into the water. I grabbed the girl by her waist and put her on my back and headed for the door.

Another part of the roof collapsed  splashing into the water. The fire was almost out thanks to the water. I reached the door with the little girl still on my back. She was holding on to my neck. I could feel her shaking her body felt freezing against me.

I waded towards the order hall were she would be safe there.

I put her down on a bed the water was ankle high at the order hall. She was still shaking so I went to go find a blanket.

I opened a cabinet which was filled with tons of blankets. I grabbed an handful of blankets and returned to the little girl. I spread each of them out filling her with warmth. I went back out and grabbed a black jacket.

I zipped it up and the water elevated higher now to my leg. 

After a few hours the flooding stopped leaving behind a lot of damage. 

4 weeks later:

There had been no rain for 3 weeks leaving everyone thirsty. Everybody's lips were parched and some had even left in search for water. 

Lukas and I were also currently looking for water. His lips were cracking and so were mine. The sun shone brightly as we searched for water.

I noticed had stopped walking and instead Lukas was holding his head gritting his teeth. I walked over to him and asked, "Are you okay?" He shook his head and said,"I feel lightheaded and....... when did you get a twin." I immediately grabbed his arm just in case he was about to faint or worse.

"There has to be water around here somewhere," I mumbled. I looked around hoping to find a well or something. I saw a well in the distance. "Come on Lukas!" I said gripping his hand and jolting for the well.

I brought the water bucket up hoping for a few drops of water and to my luck there was. There was only enough for one person though, so I gave it to Lukas who reluctantly gulped it down. He wanted me to have it but I insisted he have it.

It looked like we would be in a drought for a long time. We continued walking and ended up bumping into Petra.

"Hi guys!" She said cheerfully. "Hey Petra!" Lukas and I said in unison. I noticed her lips weren't dry and I said,"Do you have any water?" "No, but I know where you can." She said placing her hands on her hips.

She turned around and started walking to the north and we followed her. She led us into a tropical forest. "Its all gone!!" She said pointing to an almost empty river.

"There's still a little." I said pointing to the little amount of water. Lukas and I drunk it and afterwards wiping our face. "At this rate we'll never find a town worth's of water." I said.

Lukas nor Petra replied. We headed back towards Beacon town keeping an eye out for any water.

"Hey over there!" I said pointing to a huge lake. We all ran over there putting our feet in the 'water.'

"Wait this isn't water! Its just sand." I said in a shouty-like tone. 

"I hate mirages." I thought to myself.

_______________________________________

Man, I wouldn't want to be in that situation!

Taking requests!

-Mcsmfangirl1