Surprise

Jesse Pov:

There was a really cool breeze, it felt good especially since I was hot. The wind made my hair flow as I walked to no where in particular. Ivor had been gone along time, adventuring with Harper, as well as helping her get over 'I was a bad guy' hunch.

I waved at a few citizens as I walked by them making them squeal in delight which made me chuckle. The breeze started to get cooler which felt good as it passed by. "Ahh, that feels good." I said to myself.

At that moment I saw a little girl scrambling to get her papers. She almost had them all when one blew away. "NoNoNoNo..." the girl cried. Just before it blew by me I caught it and walked over to the girl who had, a red ribbon in her brown hair, blue eyes, a white shirt, and blue pants. "Here you go." I said handing her paper to her. "Thank you miss-" her eyes suddenly opened wide and she continued, "Jesse! Omg! Best day ever!!" She squealed. 

I chuckled at the girls excitement. "Uh s-sorry my name I-is Miranda." She stammered. "Well, Miranda would you like to see the order hall?"

"Really!?" Miranda asked. "Yup." I replied. "Of course!!" She said thrilled."Let's go then." I said as we started walking towards the order hall. "I read all sorts of stuff of you and the order." Miranda said. "Really." "Yep and you guys are amazing." She said in awe. I couldn't help, but let out a small giggle.

"So what do you do now, I mean when your not adventuring?" Miranda asked. "Uh well I run Beacon town, hang out with my friends stuff like that." "Cool. Cool. Did you ever think that you would ever save the world?" Miranda asked.

"No." I replied flatly. She pondered for a moment before asking,"Where is the rest of the order now?" "Axel is in Boomtown, Olivia is in Redstonia, Lukas is in the outskirts of Beacon town, Petra is out exploring the great unknown, last time I heard." I answered.

"Here we are." I said. She didn't reply instead Miranda looked at me as excitement rushed up her cheeks.

I opened the door. She walked in and I closed it as I stepped inside. "Woah." She said looking around, eyes wide. "Go on." I said gesturing her to take a closer look at everything. She ran up to the first treasure, the nether star.

"Wow. I never thought I would see this!" Miranda said. She looked at me with a huge smile on her face before glancing back at the other treasures. " Is that the white pumpkin!" She pointed cocking her head to look at me."Yep, when Cassie Rose err- uh. Never mind." I said.

She shrugged at me before running up to it. "Its so creepy, who would've thought white pumpkins actually exist!" 

"Yeah, Ivor didn't believe it at first when I told him either." I said with a smirk on my face. "You guys have done so many cool things!!" She said.

I looked out the window and saw that it was getting dark. "You should probably go home now you don't want your parents to worry."

She gave a sad look as she rubbed her arm. "My parents died.... when I was younger." "Oh, I'm so sorry." I said. I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I remembered Rueben's death.

I saw a tear fall down her cheek. "Come here," I said opening my arms. She ran towards me and we both hugged. "Its okay," I said rubbing her back comforting her. We were hugging for five minutes before she said, "Thanks Jesse I appreciate that." "Were do you live do you have any family members that take care of you? I asked in concern. 

"I wander around and to that second part no. I learned how to take care of myself." Miranda said. I stared at her stunned, she only looked like she was 8 years old. "I can't let a little girl be on the streets," I thought to myself. I'll take care of you." I offered.

"Really?" She questioned. "Yes." I answered. She hugged me and started weeping I couldn't tell if it was joy or shock. "Sorry...its just no ones ever been...this nice to me," Miranda said tears falling from her face. I wiped her tears that were falling from her face with my thumb. "I couldn't let you be out in the streets. I-." I was cut off when I heard knocking.

"I'll get it," I said breaking the hug and walking to the door. I opened it and to my surprise Petra and Lukas were standing there, smiling at me. I hugged them both. "I missed you guys." I said smiling as we broke apart.

"So did we!" They said in unison making them laugh. "Wow you guys are full of surprises!" Miranda said with a huge smile on her face.

"Who's that?" Petra asked looking at the little girl, then back at me. "That's Miranda. I'm taking her in." I explained.

"That's awesome!" Lukas said his face lighting up. "Yeah, Jesse's a mother now!" Petra teased. I rolled my eyes in a playful way at her. 

Miranda now spoke up, "Pleasure to meet you!" She put her hand out and Petra grabbed it shaking it. "You too Lukas, I love your writing!" Miranda said.

"Aw shucks." Lukas said. I just smirked at him as his cheeks turned a slight pink as he gazed at me and Miranda. "Uh Jesse can we  talk." Lukas said. "Sure." I said.

"Come on Miranda I can tell you about my adventures!" Petra said looking at Miranda before turning to Lukas and I winking before walking to another room.

Lukas walked outside and I followed him out. "So what's up?" I asked him as he shut the door. "Uh since your taking in Miranda I wanted to ask you if I could help y'know." Lukas said. "Sure Lukas." I said. "Thanks Jesse." He said. "No, thank you." I said.

I was about to walk back in when I felt my arm being held. I looked at Lukas and he said, "Jesse, your a good person, I mean you help everyone child or elder I admire that. I also want to give you something." He took out a heart shaped locket, "Surprise! Its all of us together and happy back in the good old days." He put it around my neck. "Its beautiful!" I said as I opened the locket. It did have all of us, and we were all happy. I ran up to him and put my arms around him. "Thank you." I said as I felt his body warmth. "No problem." He said, stroking my hair.

"Best surprise ever......." I said.