Let The Games Begin {25}

***Jakey’s POV***

                “Hey Cameron?”

                He jumped a little before turning to face me. He raised an eyebrow at me before shutting his locker and shoving a notebook in his backpack.

                “What’s up Jakey?” he asked, slinging his backpack over his shoulder.

                “Um…Did you talk to Skylar?” I asked, deciding to get right to the point.

                Cameron nodded at me. “Yea, I talked to him. He was mad at me, and I was trying to calm him down and let him know that we’re just friends and nothing more.”

                “Cameron, promise you’ll be honest with me?” I asked.

                He nodded again. “I promise,” he said.

                “Did you tell Skylar that you were just using me because you were bored? And insulted me and said you were going to fuck me?” I asked, dropping my gaze from his.

                I looked back up and saw a mixture of shock and surprise on Cameron’s face. He shook his head wildly.

                “Of course I didn’t say that! Jeez, where did you get that from?” he cried.

                “Skylar,” I mumbled nervously.

                “Jakey, I was just trying to tell him that you and I are just friends. He was really jealous, telling me to stop trying to get with you. He kept yelling about how I was trying to break you two up and how I had spiked you.” He shook his head in disgust.

                He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “Jakey, don’t get mad at me for saying this. But I really, really think you need to sit down and have a serious talk with Skylar. He’s way too over jealous and untrusting of you. He thought we were sleeping together. I told him I would never do that. I know he hates me, but I still think of him as a friend. I wouldn’t go fuck someone else’s boyfriend, especially not my friend’s boyfriend. And I knew you would never cheat on Skylar.”

                “Skylar thought I was sleeping with you?” I asked, my heart sinking. He hadn’t told me that.

                Cameron nodded. “Yea, he did. He said you were like a child. He couldn’t let you out of his sights or else you would get in trouble.” He snorted. “That was just a fucked up thing to say.”

                “Cam, I’m sorry,” I said sincerely. I just wanted everyone to be friends. I wanted things to go back to normal.

                “Hey, it’s not your fault Jakey. Let’s get to class,” he said, smiling and putting an arm around my shoulders. I nodded at him, returning the smile weakly.

                “Hey! Get your filthy hands off of him!”

                Skylar stormed over to us and roughly shoved Cameron away from me. He pulled me behind himself slightly, glaring at Cameron.

                “Skylar!” I cried in shock.

                Seth stepped up next to Skylar, glaring at Cameron. “What the fuck is wrong with you?” he asked in disgust. “Skylar told me everything. You’re fucked up in the head Cameron.”